Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 303

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP

  1. #181
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Unfortunately,no nailbiting. Not the best from the competitors in this unexciting event.
    Says it all.

    That said, there were some surprises (Like I hoped!) But if I had to choose a surprise bronze medalist to hope for it would NOT have been Akiko Suzuki

  2. #182
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by newvie View Post
    But, that's what really happened. Having the blades damaged on the day of the competition is a big matter! And she clarified that "she doesn't believe that the blade should be blamed for her performance".

    Yes, she talked about skipping a flip at TEB because she felt something on the ice (she also added "I don't know, i just couldn't jump) Why? because journalists asked about it first. However, she still said later it was her fault anyway if there was any mistake.

    At SA where she bombed her LP, she never mentioned about her skate boot as a reason for the failure. It's just that media pple saw her tightening up her left boot again right before the performance and "guessed" that it could've been a reason. And she changed her left boot afterwards. You don't change your skating boots for fun.

    I'm just worried that you'll still hate if Yuna says 'I couldn't perform well because of my injuries', which was her 'excuses' for two seasons (06-07 & 07-08). For your info, she said she was in good condition at all the competitions this year.

    I hope that you try to understand the circumstances and context first before reaching the conclusion just with some stupid Youtube videos and exaggerated news articles.
    I was feeling your love towards Yu-Na, but truly recommending you to stop defending Yu-Na against attacks by anti-YuNa. Whatever Yu-Na's dong, s/he always hates her.

  3. #183
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by katakwan View Post
    Whatever Yu-Na's dong, s/he always hates her.
    I second that.

  4. #184
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by french quarter View Post


    The media is watching her with a microscope and ask her all kinds of questions. She has been simply answering those questions. Should she not answer them? I have seen two Japanese sports programs ONLY discussing why Yu-Na skipped her flip at TEB. They interviewed her and even Shizuka Arakawa about it. It is HER who doesn't want to draw attention to those little things. She is stronger than you think.
    Here's one thing I learned from this forum. Some certain people here will always say horrible things about Yuna, and then later attack Yuna fans for being crazy ubbers. They don't really look at what they write. To them, Yuna is always an over scored average mingling who should never win. To them, Yuna's 3-3 is always UR, but their favorite skaters' 3-2 should be praised like the skating from the heaven. I really wonder if Kwan back in the days got comments like OMG her spirals and presentations are so not all that.
    Last edited by figurejennah; 12-05-2009 at 11:53 AM.

  5. #185
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Here's one thing I learned from this forum. Some certain people here will always say horrible things about Yuna, and then later attack Yuna fans for being crazy ubbers. They don't really look at what they write. To them, Yuna is always an over scored average mingling who should never win. To them, Yuna's 3-3 is always UR, but their favorite skaters' 3-2 should be praised like the skating from the heaven.
    ROFL



    Ugly words reflect ugly people.

  6. #186
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Why are Suzuki's PCS weaker than Ando's?
    Because the PC scores are just opinions, and whatever forms an opinion is in the mind of the beholder.

  7. #187
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Here's one thing I learned from this forum. Some certain people here will always say horrible things about Yuna, and then later attack Yuna fans for being crazy ubbers. They don't really look at what they write. To them, Yuna is always an over scored average mingling who should never win. To them, Yuna's 3-3 is always UR, but their favorite skaters' 3-2 should be praised like the skating from the heaven. I really wonder if Kwan back in the days got comments like OMG her spirals and presentations are so not all that.
    But aren't you, in essence, doing the same thing?

  8. #188
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Because the PC scores are just opinions, and whatever forms an opinion is in the mind of the beholder.
    Right. I'm asking someone to explain/justify that opinion.

  9. #189
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    But aren't you, in essence, doing the same thing?
    No, she hasn't. She hasn't criticized or attacked other skaters, she fights with posters who have a habit of repeatedly talking negatively about her favourite.

  10. #190
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    But aren't you, in essence, doing the same thing?
    Do you mean he has always been saying horrible things to a particular skater? Give us some links.

  11. #191
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    But aren't you, in essence, doing the same thing?
    Well, I don't remember saying that someone 's 3-2 was underrotated or the skater should shut her mouth or blah blah. I did say that some skaters receiving huge PCS was unfair. And do I think that someone like Yuna who executes a much difficult program with 3-3 deserves a higher pcs and score overall? Yes. Do they? No. Without a justified reasoning, it's always about Yuna being overrated and full of excuses. Of course I don't think Yuna is perfect, but if there are controversial issues such as her 3-3 being DG (which the 9 other judges agreed and gave positive GOE), then yes, I will argue about it. Now that Yuna did 3-2 instead of 3-3 in her LP, what's next? She doesn't challenge herself enough?
    Last edited by figurejennah; 12-05-2009 at 12:25 PM.

  12. #192
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    Do you mean he has always been saying horrible things to a particular skater? Give us some links.
    No, not about a particular skater; other posters. But that's neither here nor there, and I'd rather not get into it as this is not the place for it.

  13. #193
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Now that Yuna did 3-2 instead of 3-3 in her LP, what's next? She doesn't challenge herself enough?
    Even when YuNa was consistently doing her 3-3 (until this LP, in fact! due to that dumb DG call in her SP) -- certain people were saying she was "complacent" and not challenging herself enough.

    I've mostly learned to shrug it off. Those people really aren't worth fighting with anymore, let them live their sad lives tearing certain athletes down.

  14. #194
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    No, not about a particular skater; other posters. But that's neither here nor there, and I'd rather not get into it as this is not the place for it.
    Your point is irrelevant and non-sequitur and baselessly criticizing figurejennah. You may not say it directly, but you're implying she's a hypocrite.
    Last edited by prettykeys; 12-05-2009 at 12:21 PM.

  15. #195
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,483
    Perhaps so, but what about those stupid Youtube Japanese/Korean hate vids that come up every time you search for a skater? These users tag their hate vids with the names of just about every major skater competing today so their vids pop up every time you do a search there are crazies on BOTH sides.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •