Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Perhaps so, but what about those stupid Youtube Japanese/Korean hate vids that come up every time you search for a skater? These users tag their hate vids with the names of just about every major skater competing today so their vids pop up every time you do a search there are crazies on BOTH sides.
    I don't know what your point is? We're talking about posts on Golden Skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Your point is irrelevant and non-sequitur and baselessly criticizing figurejennah. You may not say it directly, but you're implying she's a hypocrite.
    Haha thank you for defending me. I am sure you can tell from my posts that I do really adore Yuna, but I don't think I criticized other skaters in a hypocritical manner.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by katakwan View Post
    I was feeling your love towards Yu-Na, but truly recommending you to stop defending Yu-Na against attacks by anti-YuNa. Whatever Yu-Na's dong, s/he always hates her.
    I defend any skater who is hated for no reason. I didn’t know that person was a pure Yuna hater and I also thought it was possible that people could misunderstand her if they had only exaggerated and biased information.

I’m a fan of skaters who are doing great. I may not love Yuna if she no longer performs wonderfully, for example, next year/season. However, I will still defend her if she gets attacked for incorrect information or any reason irrelevant to figure skating.

Yeah, I know haters wouldn’t listen to whatever I say, but I still shared my opinion because I saw someone else (who didn’t seem to be anti-Yuna) complaining she was always making excuses. So, my post was for her/him/them as well

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I don't know what your point is? We're talking about posts on Golden Skate.
    To me, it seems as if some are out to prove that everyone is against Yuna. I'm just pointing out the obvious: there are plenty of Yuna fans that cross the line, too.

Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Haha thank you for defending me. I am sure you can tell from my posts that I do really adore Yuna, but I don't think I criticized other skaters in a hypocritical manner.
    Yes, you haven't. I am quite alert to mean comments directed at any skater, and I tend to notice pattern behaviours and attitudes.

Custom Title
    To me, it seems as if some are out to prove that everyone is against Yuna. I'm just pointing out the obvious: there are plenty of Yuna fans that cross the line, too.
    I guess then we will wait for 100 "Mao had plastic surgery" videos on youtube or "Are Miki and Joannie's PCS too high" thread here.

(You know I am being sarcastic, right? lol)
    Last edited by figurejennah; 12-05-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Thumbs down

No one was making any of those arguments, and you, as you seem to like to do, jumped into the fray with generalized comments and the "I'm above it all" air.

Down With It
    Actually, this is OT but a Youtube search tip: if you search for "[skater's name] -yuna" (without the quotes) it will screen out the hate videos. (Unfortunately, as a side consequence, it will also screen out legit vids with "Yuna" or that have "Yuna" in the description or tag, so keep that in mind). If you put "yuna" in quotations it should keep vids tagged with "Yu Na" (two separate words).

As a result, if you want to search for Yuna Kim, unfortunately there's no way to get around them...but for any other skater it works great
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Because the PC scores are just opinions, and whatever forms an opinion is in the mind of the beholder.
    ITA. I think a clean dramatic program with 7 triples deserve more than 52+ PCS. The judges are definitely holding her down and waiting for the top 3 to deliver. Her PCS should be at least in 55-57 range and her FS should be over 120.

But the final placement was correct thou. If only Miki landed a clean 3S, it might just be enough to win. But good for her thou, as she usually do better as underdog. winning GPF title over Yuna might be too much pressure for her. right now she is in a good position, her PCS are good and she just need to land the 3+3 and 2A+3T.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    ITA. I think a clean dramatic program with 7 triples deserve more than 52+ PCS. The judges are definitely holding her down and waiting for the top 3 to deliver. Her PCS should be at least in 55-57 range and her FS should be over 120.
    If that happens at the Olys she might get a better score.

On the Ice
    If you were right, there would be plenty of, and probably more, Mao fans crossing the line, too. I wrote somewhere that the fight and hatred between Korean and Japanese started way before Columbus "discovered" America. There will always be struggle between them as long as they exist. They fight everywhere, of course, including on YouTube. They use names of those skaters on their videos. Your assumption that they are fans of figure skating or those skaters is WRONG.

One should not bring up Yuna fan vs. Mao fan thing on boards. It will invite unnecessary arguments. That has happened in other threads.
    Last edited by Queens Guy; 12-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Custom Title
    Actually, this is OT but a Youtube search tip: if you search for "[skater's name] -yuna" (without the quotes) it will screen out the hate videos. (Unfortunately, as a side consequence, it will also screen out legit vids with "Yuna" or that have "Yuna" in the description or tag, so keep that in mind). If you put "yuna" in quotations it should keep vids tagged with "Yu Na" (two separate words).

As a result, if you want to search for Yuna Kim, unfortunately there's no way to get around them...but for any other skater it works great
    Thanks. I hated it when I was looking for Abbott's long this season because all the hate videos clogging everything up.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    If you were right, there would be plenty of, and probably more, Mao fans crossing the line, too. I wrote somewhere that the fight and hatred between Korean and Japanese started way before Columbus so called discovered America. There will be struggle between them as long as they exist. They fight everywhere including on YouTube. They use names of those skaters. Your assumption that they are fans of figure skating or those skaters is WRONG.
    Good point. I think I might have even said something earlier to the effect of Yuna Kim being used as a scapegoat for Korean hate. Anyway, this is way OT
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-05-2009 at 12:56 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by newvie View Post
    I defend any skater who is hated for no reason. I didn’t know that person was a pure Yuna hater and I also thought it was possible that people could misunderstand her if they had only exaggerated and biased information.

I’m a fan of skaters who are doing great. I may not love Yuna if she no longer performs wonderfully, for example, next year/season. However, I will still defend her if she gets attacked for incorrect information or any reason irrelevant to figure skating.

Yeah, I know haters wouldn’t listen to whatever I say, but I still shared my opinion because I saw someone else (who didn’t seem to be anti-Yuna) complaining she was always making excuses. So, my post was for her/him/them as well
    Oh~ I am so sad cause my suggestion turned out crabs.

I belive Yu-Na will be able to make you love her so long.

Custom Title
    All this Yuna business is so confusing. I don't get how anyone who appreciates skating can hate her....she's SO good! I'm sorry but even with the 3-2 and when she skips the flip, she is still fast and elegant with great height on her jumps.

Also, I just watched the ladies LP again. I really don't think it's fair to say Alena bombed, her FS was decent to the blind eye. I thought Joannie's was worse than Alena's but her PCS held her up, also idk if I'd call Joannie's LP bombing either. Bombing is what Panuef did at SC, or what Carolina did at her worlds LP last year. I guess at the GPF, Alena and Joannie's LPs look sub par, but they really were fine

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast