Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things I Learned from this Grand Prix Season

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I learned that to be the Ladies GP Champion in 2009 you only need 3 clean triples, one sloppy triple, and you don't need a 3x3 either.

Maybe Kristi should consider a comeback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post

Now you be careful JanetFan - someone's gonna "educate" you on superior spins and spirals and how you "just need to adjust to more difficult technical demands of CoP!"
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Skating under CoP is soooo easy, crowning champions with only 3-4 clean triples in the LP! First it's too technically exacting and demanding on the underrotation calls, but now it's all the fault of the poor ladies who just aren't as good as the 6.0 era skaters. That 6.0 sure was magical at cultivating technical and artistic talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Oh goodness me, your punning skill deserves high 9s across the (message) board. Gift certificate, that asks a little too much of us, but we could surely pool enough money to buy you a big bottle of self-tanner.

With all the hints you gave us, I have finally been able to decrypt your anagram nick name Janetfan, or should I rather say Ejan F. Tan a clear reference to your real favourite skater Evan Frank "Tan" Lysacek.

You thought the j/v thing would confuse me, didn't you, vanetfan?

But straight 9's across the board?

You should know 6.0's are my idea of perfection

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Now, don't be ungrateful you just scored a Season Best, all your puns were fully convincing and got ratified. What more can you ask for?
    Two clean programs from Tomas

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    the only thing i learned is this--if the skater makes a mistake--
    the skater pcs scores are supposed to go down a level--for example from a level 4 to a level 3, level 3 to a level 2.

guess what--they don't follow their own rules only for the skaters they don't want up there - skate america --rachel inshort still got full levels even with the fall,
    zhang what hardly any levels.
    yes-the judges, callers pick and choose who gets what level--not accordingto the rules or is it only in ice dance that they go down a level with mistakes.
    Hmmm..... Rachel Flatt made a mistake with her spin at Skate America and as a result, it was disqualified, right? I'm not making that up. Pang and Tong, Dube and Davison also have had spins disqualifed because of mistakes. Generally, I think it matters where the mistake is.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think I will be safe for a few days while they contemplate Joannie's latest meltdown
    At least we have a medal contender

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Skating under CoP is soooo easy, crowning champions with only 3-4 clean triples in the LP! First it's too technically exacting and demanding on the underrotation calls, but now it's all the fault of the poor ladies who just aren't as good as the 6.0 era skaters. That 6.0 sure was magical at cultivating technical and artistic talent!
    Absolutely. Because COP hasn't done in six years what 6.0 accomplished over a sixty year time span, and because we can name more programs in said time span that we love and love and love, COP is simply a flat out failure. Things that COP rewards (good technique on jumps, complex footwork and spins) pale in comparison to what 6.0 rewarded.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Yeah, a medal contender that can't seem to crack 115 in the FS this year (aside from that one cheesefest in Japan).

Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Yeah, a medal contender that can't seem to crack 115 in the FS this year (aside from that one cheesefest in Japan).
    She's the reigning World Silver Medalist

....but go ahead count her out!

Down With It
    The Olys are in CANADA- I need not say more.

EDIT: Scroll down below for explanation- too many folks seem to be misconstruing this statement!
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-07-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    She's the reigning World Silver Medalist
    As are the Zhang's, and look how they're doing.

Yes, I think V/M are great, and definite medal contenders.

ETA: Joannie is too good to remain in a funk. She will be ready for Vancouver.
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    The Olys are in CANADA- I need not say more.
    Ahh yes this should be added to the list:

If a Canadian skater wins a medal it is ONLY because they are from Canada and the judges have all gotten together and decided that the Canadian skaters should win medals - solely based on their nationality. They never deserve their marks. ALL Canadian skaters are held up. Canada is BAD. It's all Canada's fault.

Anything else need to be added to that??

Custom Title
    Likely the most important one.

If a Canadian skater wins a medal it is ONLY because they are from Canada and the judges have all gotten together and decided that the Canadian skaters should win medals - solely based on their nationality. They never deserve their marks. ALL Canadian skaters are held up. Canada is BAD. It's all Canada's fault.

Yes, you have very good fishing and scenery in Canada!

And Patrick will be ready and skating on fresh legs to go with his fresh mouth in Vancouver
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-08-2009 at 05:22 AM.

Down With It

ok. try again- The Olys are in Canada. The Hometown favorite will either Rise To The Occasion or Crumble Under The Pressure.

Sarah Hughes did the former in SLC. Kwan did the latter, and Kostner also did the latter in 2006.

Rochette will do ??? in 2010.
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-07-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast