10 Things I Learned from this Grand Prix Season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

10 Things I Learned from this Grand Prix Season

prettykeys

Medalist
Yeah, a medal contender that can't seem to crack 115 in the FS this year (aside from that one cheesefest in Japan).
:boohoo: :cry: :boohoo:

Why is 115 the cut-off? And why only consider the FS? Oh, because American Flatt has 116 in the FS this season?

How about we look at the ladies who cracked 190 in the total score for any competition within the past year. Oh, look at that, Joannie's one of them (without being on home turf to boot.)

Boo-hoo, no wonder you have to make a "point" against her and then immediately throw out an exception that disqualifies it. Because we all know a figure skating competition in Japan doesn't count, and there's no way that her Free Skate would have garnered that many points elsewhere, right? RIGHT?

:rolleye:

R.D.

Record Breaker
The Cohen and Rochette defenders are out in full force.

(the Yuna defenders or "bots" as they are nicknamed, take it to a whole new level though)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great post IP.

What I have learned.....

I was not the only one on this board that was happy when Evan won the GPF, despite the distracting snakes, tan, feathers and those flapping arms.

That my thoughts have changed as to the medal contenders in Vancouver especially in ladies and icedance not so much pairs and the men.

Reading fairly4's take on each competition has been a revelation, especially the racism comments. I must have had my head under sand for the past 20 years because I never realized how widespread this problem was in the skating community. (jk)

Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread, a very enjoyable read indeed. :rock:

Ptolemy

Rinkside
The Cohen and Rochette defenders are out in full force.

(the Yuna defenders or "bots" as they are nicknamed, take it to a whole new level though)
I don't notice any difference. Language and cultural impact maybe, but everything else (criticizing and defending) is the same.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, now that I think about it, you're right...except (thankfully) the Cohen and Rochette folks don't go starting YT wars ;)