Selecting The Music | Golden Skate

Selecting The Music

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for this. We often forget all the hard work of the coaches, choreographers and people behind the scenes to help prepare the skaters for their competitions. It is quite the process. Great footage.

:agree:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
LOL, I love how in the early 90's it seemed unordinary to skate to "a single piece of music".

Oh, 80's (and early 90's). We remember your pastiche, hodgepodge programs well.

:rofl:

BTW, Sandra Bezic is probably my favorite choreographer.

Last edited by a moderator:

janetfan

Match Penalty
BTW, Sandra Bezic is probably my favorite choreographer.

I see nothing to laugh about regarding Kristi's Olympic program. Maybe you are still upset because it beat Midori.;)

Looking at the programs I just saw at the GPF in the mighty 21st century I prefer Kristi's music and choreo by miles.

I see no reason to laugh - even if I saw some laughable skating at the 2009 GPF.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Here is an interesting clip about Kristi and how she picked her music for the 1992 Olympic season.

Some good scenes with Kristi and Sandra working out the choreo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-6BF1W_8I

Oh, thanks so much for this! I remember seeing this clip in 1992 and the image of Kristi sitting on the floor with her pink sweater listening to music always stuck with me.The 1992 Winter Olympics were the first I ever watched, so Kristi was the first figure skating star I ever fell in love with. Now that I know so much more about the sport I can appreciate this clip even more. That program is one of the best choreographed LPs ever, and Kristi's artistry is still breathtaking.

Still, I can't listen to that music anymore without thinking of Sasha first. I'd love to see a similar clip of how her 2004 SP to Malaguena was choreographed. It was one of the most stunning performances I have ever seen.