Will Mao make the Oly team? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Will Mao make the Oly team?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Does anyone think Mao performs better when she competes in Japan than abroad? I am not talking about nationals but even the ISU events held in Japan, she does better. I think she got her highest score at NHK event. Maybe it's just coincidence but it's interesting. In contrary to Yuna, Mao seems to thrive under hometown pressure.

I have noticed this, Mao seems to do best in Japan and Miki seems to do worst in Japan, and better at big events like Worlds and the GPF (except in '08 - don't know what happened there with all the downgrades!)

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I think regardless of Mao's placement, she will make the Olympic team for the same reason as Miki... past placements. While this season has been very lackluster for Mao, it's better to send someone who has consistently done well in the past and is used to the international spotlight than someone who has just done well or been a surprise (Akiko Suzuki) in the immediate past. Japan will probably send Miki, Mao, and either Akiko or Fumie.

M

mylastduchess

I think regardless of Mao's placement, she will make the Olympic team for the same reason as Miki... past placements. While this season has been very lackluster for Mao, it's better to send someone who has consistently done well in the past and is used to the international spotlight than someone who has just done well or been a surprise (Akiko Suzuki) in the immediate past. Japan will probably send Miki, Mao, and either Akiko or Fumie.

Your a little late, the Olympic team was chosen last december