Mao's clean SP | Golden Skate

Mao's clean SP

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
that does look really real! So that is the effect that Mao was looking for! beautiful.

SXTN

Final Flight
and all of a sudden i really begin to like that program.. haha

go mao !!!!!!

you can do this even without video manipulation!!!

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
That's probably what Mao and TAT see all the time in practices, and maybe that's why they refuse to budge from the current programs.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
No, Mao would win if she had the correct jump layout and executed it as good or better than what Yu-Na is currently doing.

SXTN

Final Flight
to win over yuna she needs to land 3 fully rotated 3A's---> one in the short and two in the long program.... i like mao , but up to now the chance that this will happen is like winning the lottery...

but still... if yuna has a GPF sp and a SA lp even rachael flatt can place above her... let's wait and see =)

nevertheless, i like those videos.. my impression from bells stilll hasn't changed though... very frontloaded and just not mao's style.... whereas the sp could have a bigger impact if she lands the combo....

amateur

Final Flight
Wait a minute, how were those videos done?? I mean... I caught the zoom technique on the axel attempts, suggesting the editing-in of differrent footage, and I suppose one or two of the camera angle changes were doing the same thing --but where did the footage of the clean jumps, in same rink and costume, come from?? warm-up? :confused:

Anyway, it's been a good while now since I watched that LP, but I think I enjoyed it even less this time! Poor Mao!

Last edited:

SXTN

Final Flight
Anyway, it's been a good while now since I watched that LP, but I think I enjoyed it even less this time! Poor Mao!

me too... especially when you watch the edited bell program and then czardas, fantasy impromptu or even the nutcracker right after... kind of frustrating somehow... she really used to have her own unique style---> a light, little fairy... now she is pushed to something she is not---> dramatic vampire...

to make it even worse: watch her short program from skate america a couple of seasons ago... OMG she was magnificient

Bennett

Record Breaker
Wow these are amazing!! Surprise!!! I know photo shop but this is a lot more high tech!
I still couldn't say these programs are best fit for Mao, but I wish her the very best:)

rossdale

Match Penalty
Boring program

Wow,

Wrong choice of music. Mao does not perform well with such a heavy style of music. Her speed is very slow and all triple jumps (3A and 3F) appear to be under-rotated. :clap:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Wait a minute, how were those videos done?? I mean... I caught the zoom technique on the axel attempts, suggesting the editing-in of differrent footage, and I suppose one or two of the camera angle changes were doing the same thing --but where did the footage of the clean jumps, in same rink and costume, come from?? warm-up? :confused:

My guess is that they used footage of the rotation and or landing of one of the other jumps in the program. Since only the take off is different any of the other clean jump from the program could be used.

roma

On the Ice
Somebody suggested the rotated jump clips came from her warmup jumps. She was nailing most of the jumps during warmup.