How about that Armin? | Golden Skate

How about that Armin?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes! I really like him! We've had the pleasure of seeing him at Mike Weiss' Foundation show every year since 2005, and it's been a pleasure to watch him develop. This summer we also got to see him skate at the Liberty Summer Competition. I hope he has a bright future. :biggrin: :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Armin is college-bound (yes, Dartmouth) so I'm not sure we will be seeing him next season.

That would be a real loss to skating. I hope you're mistaken.

College can wait. Or maybe he can find a way to do both, like Alissa.

JMO.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Armin deferred one year to skate this season. I'm not sure if he can defer two years.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Too bad it's Dartmouth and not Harvard or one of the NY schools or CA schools near rinks and coaches.

I don't think there's a huge amount of elite level skating coaching done in the Dartmouth area, AFAIR?. At least there's an ice rink there, though.

What was he thinking? C'mon, Armin! You can find a good university near a good rink... in another year... or two... or four. ;)

Wicked

Final Flight
Yes! I really like him! We've had the pleasure of seeing him at Mike Weiss' Foundation show every year since 2005, and it's been a pleasure to watch him develop.

I saw him at this year's show and just fell in love with him.

What an amazing compliment from one skater to another. He's really good! Thanks so much for posting those.

Now I admire Armin even more! :rock: I'm glad that more people got to see how talented a skater he is at Nationals. Congrats to Armin on being named 1st alternate to 4CC, and good luck at Junior Worlds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v988VuK0sfc

I hope he's recovering from his injury.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Can he defer for 2 years? It's definitely easy to ask for a 1 year deferment, but for 2 years, the admissions committee probably has more procedure than the Olympics committee deciding who gets to go.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Too bad it's Dartmouth and not Harvard or one of the NY schools or CA schools near rinks and coaches.

I don't think there's a huge amount of elite level skating coaching done in the Dartmouth area, AFAIR?. At least there's an ice rink there, though.

Not only does Dartmouth have a skating rink, they have a skating program. The team from Dartmouth won the collegiate championships for four consecutive years.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~skating/index.htm

There was a shakeup in the coaching staff in 2008, so the team isn't quite as high profile as it once was, but having a skater like Armin should make a big difference.

yangjie

On the Ice
I always enjoy watching his skating.

I hope he will continue to skate next year,
but is that true he might choose a university over skating?