Iraq War Will Hit Home Soon.... | Golden Skate

Iraq War Will Hit Home Soon....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
One of my close friends(the one who got married 3 days before graduation)'s husband is in the airforce and is getting ready to be shipped over to Iraq... they will be driving INTO Iraq so he'll be in the line of fire from day one. :( Jason is such a funny guy. I don't want to have to worry about anyone of my friends in the military, but of course HE has to be the one to go over there :(

Please pray for Becka and Jason Young. :) thanks.

I hope that everyone prays for your friend and her husband, and for all young soldiers thrust into wars not of their making. Every soldier is someone's son or daughter, friend, spouse, parent, brother or sister, and is worthy of our kindest thoughts.

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Well said Mathman.

No matter what your politics or feelings about the war these brave folks are representing ALL Americans.

Piel

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

You are not alone in worrying about your friend. We all do. My son is now off active duty and back at Ohio State, but I still cringe everytime I hear about another death over there. And all the terror attacks there are mostly aimed at US soldiers.

The thing to remember is -- almost all of the men and women we send over there will be back home, alive and in one piece. Unlike previous wars, medical help is often with a unit. Why is it that we believe we can beat odds and win a big lottery prize, but are afraid the odds will beat us in other things.

Still....I will keep your friends (him and her) in my prayers.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'm sure he'll appreciate your keeping in contact with him while he's there.

I have a close friend who just returned. He's a doctor with two young children. Only a couple of doctors were left in Iraq while all the rest returned home... it figured that our dear friend was one of those doctors! So glad to have him home safe and sound.

heyang

Record Breaker
My friend's hubby has been in the Middle East since Easter. Their daughter was only about 6 weeks old when he had to leave. He Might be home for one of the holidays, but will then be sent back for another year. He's one of the guys training Iraqi's to manage their own prisons, etc. - so, his job has been done for several months and he's just been trying to stay out of the line of fire.

Sadie

On the Ice
I have two friends that are in Iraq. One left in February and the other left in April. It's very nerve wracking wathing the news and hearing about yet another soldier killed. And it's beyond me why on earth they sent the national guard out there! I just really miss them and want them to come home soon. :(

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
My dorm RA from my junior year of college is over there now. I'm really worried about her. She basically has an Army desk job, so she is somewhat out of the line of fire. Any time she contacts someone here, all she wants to hear about is what's going on with us, our problems, no matter how minor they are. I think it helps to keep her mind off of things.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he leaves THIS WEEK... if he hasn't already left... got in touch with his sister in law and she said that they don't know the exact date but that it IS this week :(