Thread: Tugba Karademir's Parents Unable to Attend Olympics...

Tugba Karademir's Parents Unable to Attend Olympics...

Interesting article. IMO, this issue needs to be taken up with her National Olympic Committee. Many families of other Olympians have been unable to secure tickets as well.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1403424/
    Last edited by i love to skate; 12-17-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    You're assuming a foreign Olympic Committee has any sway here. They don't. The rows and rows of reserved seats left are reserved for the vips of corporate sponsors, and half of them won't even show up for the actual event. Maybe Tugba's parents can sign up to be seat-fillers.

Custom Title
    A better idea would be for the corporate sponsors to actually sponsor families of athletes who can't secure tickets rather than hoard seats away for fat cats who won't show up. That would be great PR for the companies, assure more full arenas and actually be in keeping with the spirit of the games.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I don't know who Tugba Karademir is but the really sad thing is even Karen Magnussen can't get a ticket to attend the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    I don't know who Tugba Karademir is but the really sad thing is even Karen Magnussen can't get a ticket to attend the Olympics.
    You really don't know who she is? With no smiley it's hard to tell... Just in case, Tugba is a Turkish figure skater and was her country's flagbearer in the opening ceremony at the 2006 Olympics. Considering the sacrifices her family has made for her career, I think they deserve to see her skate in the Olympics and I hope a solution will be found.

I'm surprised there aren't any formal arrangements in place to ensure that the families of Olympians can see them compete.

ETA: Tugba's parents will be able to attend! An unnamed corporate benefactor has offered them tickets to the SP and the LP.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 12-18-2009 at 06:54 AM.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    ETA: Tugba's parents will be able to attend! An unnamed corporate benefactor has offered them tickets to the SP and the LP.

I am so happy for the Karademir's.. Go Tugba!

Custom Title
    Considering the huge financial sacrifices we parents make for our kids to do this sport I would think every federation out there should provide at minimum two tickets to the athletes event.

On the Ice

really?? oh,it is so good... where did you get this info?

edit:she wrote on her blog,sorry
    Last edited by tuggy-fan; 12-18-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Custom Title
    Yay, Tugba! I'm so glad her parents can watch her. I'm glad we get to watch her--well, I hope we'll get that chance! (There's always YouTube.) She still trains in Canada, right? So I'm sure she'll get a great audience reaction as she skates on her adopted home turf.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    They must have read Jcoates' post! Never underestimate the influence of these forums.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Yay, Tuggy! Give those corporate sponsers a big hand, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    You've got to be kidding..... (but I'm afraid you're probably not).

If this _is_ true, it's just reason #47 "why I hate the olympics"