Jenni Vahamma (spelling?) | Golden Skate

Jenni Vahamma (spelling?)

antmanb

Record Breaker
I know i've butchered her name and that there are accents in there that i can't get my computer to do, but does anyone know what she's up to?

She had a brilliant performance a few years ago at Europeans (? or was it worlds?) then i think she was injured the following season (was that last season?) and then i've heard nothing more about her.

Does anyone know if she recovered from her injury?

Thanks
Ant

berrycute

On the Ice
It's Euros 2008 you're probably thinking of, she had a shaky short but came back very strong in the long program. Earlier that season she had surprised everyone by beating Carolina Kostner and all her Finnish teammates at the Finlandia Trophy.

Last time I saw her skate was Skate Canada 2008, then she pulled out of the Cup of Russia with an injury. Last I heard she was not over it, but I'm not sure if she is aiming for the Finnish Nationals as in an interview I saw with Laura Lepisto (they have the same coach) she seemed to imply Jenni would be there.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Mant thanks for the information!

Do any of our finnish posters have any inside info?

Ant

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jenni had a growth spurt that seemed to affect her jump technique, and she was having some rough performances. I think she got so discouraged that she took some time off, but now is anxious to get back again.

Trewyn

Medalist
That's great she's aiming to make a come-back! She's lovely to watch. When she announced her 'break' from skating earlier, I really thought we'd seen the last of her!