Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The front runners for Euros

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    Gedevanishvili has no flip and no loop, but has a 3T+3T combination. If she will do clean programs, she can be in top10 or top5 too.
    I didn't know that, about the flip, I used to like her flip jumps. She can still do lutz though and when she does and lands her triples she should get +GOEs because of the size of her jumps.

There are a lot of ladies that could end up in the top 10 at Euros, I feel like most of them have the potential to be very good, it just depends on whether or not they actually do their triples. What day does Euros start?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Laura just one Finnish nationals with ONE triple (3loop) in the FS, her SP was really good though, anyhow her score was 167. That is inflated because it is nationals. I expect Ksenia Makarova will beat her at Euros unless Laura can do a FS with 5 clean triples. I think the last time she did that was worlds.

I think one should not forget that Laura has the tendency to skate a lot better under pressure than otherwise. Last year her Nationals were a huge mess (one triple in SP and two bad ones in FS) but she did very well in the Worlds and, of course, the Europeans. She admitted that in this year's Nationals she had difficulties in concentrating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ankka View Post
    I think one should not forget that Laura has the tendency to skate a lot better under pressure than otherwise. Last year her Nationals were a huge mess (one triple in SP and two bad ones in FS) but she did very well in the Worlds and, of course, the Europeans. She admitted that in this year's Nationals she had difficulties in concentrating.
    I wouldn't doubt it. Her SP at nationals this year was really good though. Laura is usually pretty clean, just doesn't really land more than 3 or 4 triplesin the FS usually. At Europeans this shouldn't be an issue but at the Olympics I don't really think she has a shot at medaling considering a lot of other ladies attempt and often land 6-7 triples in the FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it. Her SP at nationals this year was really good though. Laura is usually pretty clean, just doesn't really land more than 3 or 4 triplesin the FS usually. At Europeans this shouldn't be an issue but at the Olympics I don't really think she has a shot at medaling considering a lot of other ladies attempt and often land 6-7 triples in the FS.
    And even she landed 6 triples, she wouldn't probably get so high TES because she doesn't have a flip at all and only one lutz. And nasty to say - she hardly ever survives her 3Lz. I think she has done 3lz in competition probably 3 or 4 times during last 2 years. Her spins are one of the best in the world, though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    And even she landed 6 triples, she wouldn't probably get so high TES because she doesn't have a flip at all and only one lutz. And nasty to say - she hardly ever survives her 3Lz. I think she has done 3lz in competition probably 3 or 4 times during last 2 years. Her spins are one of the best in the world, though.
    In the European field, yes her spins are great. Alissa, Mirai, Caroline, and Sasha have even better spins though. And I agree about the lutz. She also seems to pop her 3t-3t into a 2t-2t quite frequently. Too bad, she's a nice skater to watch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3