Women
Alena
Kostner
Lepisto

Pairs
S/S
M/T
K/S

Thanks and I guess I agree with your picks. The mystery to me is Laura, who aside from her shaky jumps can skates circles around Alena. Same for Caro too. I hope North American fans will get to see some of the Euro event as it will be exciting - and even more so in an Olympic year.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Would either D/S be ready for Euro? If not, this is P/B's to lose.:rock:

I no longer consider Verner as a top contender for the gold with his inconsistency issues, but he does have a shot at bronze.

As for ladies, Meier, Korpi, Glebova, Marchei and one of the other two Russians should also contend for bronze or even silver.

schiele

Final Flight
Would either D/S be ready for Euro? If not, this is P/B's to lose.:rock:

I no longer consider Verner as a top contender for the gold with his inconsistency issues, but he does have a shot at bronze.

As for ladies, Meier, Korpi, Glebova, Marchei and one of the other two Russians should also contend for bronze or even silver.

I am actually thinking Verner might have a better shot here than Joubert, who will come back from injury. Verner had a horrible meltdown already and usually after such an event, he fares better. I think if they can keep it together the other French duo Ponsero and Preaubert (if they are sent here) will also be contend-worthy. Or maybe it'll be Amodio who gets a ticket, dunno.
I agree with the additional picks for ladies, although not so much for Meier. She really seemed too undertrained to me during the GP but maybe she'll prove me wrong.
Pairs are very obvious I guess. I wonder if this'll be the year for K&S?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I expect to see Faiella & Scali there. If so, they have a good chance to medal, perhaps even win, depending on the status of the D&S's.

And I look forward to seing Khokhlova & Novitski's new FD!

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Men:

Joubert
Lambiel
Plushenko
Verner
I believe that Contesti, if there are weak performances could come and upset things

Ladies:
Carolina Kostner
Laura Lepisto
Alena Leonova
Possibly Kira Korpi and Susanna Pokyo

Pairs
S/S
M/T
K/S
V/M

Ice-Dancing
DelSchoes if they're there
same goes for Dom/Shabs
P/B
K/K
K/N
F/S

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Ladies
Carolina Kostner
Sarah Meier
Elene Gedevanishvili
Alena Leonova
Kiira Korpi
Susanna Pöykiö
Elena Glebova

Men
Stéphane Lambiel
Brian Joubert
Evgeni Plushenko
Tomas Verner

Pairs
Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy
Maria Mukhortova & Maxim Trankov
Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov
Tatiana Volosozhar & Stanislav Morozov

Ice Dance
Isabelle Delobel & Olivier Schoenfelder
Oksana Domnina & Maxim Shabalin
Federica Faiella & Massimo Scali
Sinead Kerr & John Kerr
Jana Khokhlova & Sergei Novitski
Nathalie Péchalat & Fabiab Bourzat

Trewyn

Medalist
Men:
Plushenko
Joubert
Verner
Lambiel
Contesti (he was such a surprise last Euros!)
Not really frontrunners; but could grab a medal if they have a brilliant skate;
Other French guys (two of Préaubert, Ponsero and Amodio)
Kevin van der Perren (his a big question mark; but he's got 2 euro medals already... but with Lambiel and Plushenko; the field just got a lot tougher than last year.)

I'm rooting for a podium of Joubert, Verner and Van der Perren; not likely, but who knows. Oh and Lambiel in case that any of these three bomb or withdraw.

Ladies:
zzzzzzzzz it was sooo boring last year
Lepisto
Kostner (if she skates even remotely clean, she could very well leave the others in the dust)
Leonova (I think it's a relatively safe bet that she's going to medal)
Not really frontrunners but deserve a mention, because the frontrunners have bomb-potential: Meier, Korpi (who actually medalled at the GP this season!), Poykio and Gedevanishvili.

Dreams? I like Lepisto, Kostner and Meier.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
Men

Just don't know who will be healthy enough to compete at the olympics. As for now
ambiel (i know he had a rough time at the nationals, still)

Ladies

Leonova if pressure doesn't get her.

Pairs

Mukhortova/Trankov : I hope it is S/S, but i doubt it. If M/T win russian nationals & skate the way they did all season their score will go up. i think judges will favor a clean program to a messy, but choreographically brilliant s/s program.

Ice dance

i hope it is domnina and shabalin, if not i will be happy to see other D/S win the title (as long as Domnina and Shabalin wins the olympic gold ;)) .

Wicked

Final Flight
I'm looking forward to Euros because I think it will be the first competition where we see what Stéphane can really do. He hasn't had to try the 3A or triple-triple combos because he didn't need them to win Nebelhorn or Swiss Nats. He'll have to step up the technical content for Euros if he wants to win.

schiele

Final Flight
Seeing Lambiel, Plushy and Joubert compete together again? It'll be a dream come true (if they'll all show up), so much actually I won't care who wins.. :):)

schiele

Final Flight
This trio 'd better be there, cause i will!:rock:

Awww, I wish I was going too.. It's once in a lifetime opportunity to see those three compete together, something we probably won't be able to do again... :love::love:
I guess I'll have to make myself content with seeing it live on TV and listening to Chris and Nicky's wonderful commentary on Eurosport..

skatemom1122

Final Flight
ladies

Kostner, if she were to skate halfway decently.
Marchei, who showed impressive scores at Italian Nationals.
Lepisto.
Korpi, again if she can hang in there with the jumps.
Leonova (favorite at this point).
Gedevanishvili, extremely inconsistent but can be spectacular when on.
Meier, good when on, injury might affect her.
Sebestyen, has shined this year in SP; struggles in FS. If she can skate 2 decent programs she may have a shot at a medal.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Kostner, if she were to skate halfway decently.
Marchei, who showed impressive scores at Italian Nationals.
Lepisto.
Korpi, again if she can hang in there with the jumps.
Leonova (favorite at this point).
Gedevanishvili, extremely inconsistent but can be spectacular when on.
Meier, good when on, injury might affect her.
Sebestyen, has shined this year in SP; struggles in FS. If she can skate 2 decent programs she may have a shot at a medal.

This is why it's so hard to predict, pretty much ALL the European ladies are inconsistent. Alena and Laura are probably the most consistent, but Laura consistently lands only 3 or 4 triples in the long so that doesn't tell us much.

I really like Gedevanishvilli, her jumps are huge, I don't know why she doubles a lot of them, it always looks like she has plenty of height to rotate her triples and the ones she does land are nice. Plus she's flexible and fun to watch.

I like Alena too, she also has great energy and big jumps, I think it's unlikely she won't medal, it's just hard to tell what color medal she will get.

I don't really get much from Lepisto's skating. I know the judges like it but to me she doesn't seem very artistic. Her jumps are kind of small and though her spins are fast the positions aren't great. She has good stroking skills and speed though.

Korpi. Yeah, she won a medal this GP season but she didn't really deserve it in my opinion. I think a lot of her success has to do with how pretty she is. She also has good stroking like Lepisto though.

Polykio has had a very bad season with her injury, I don't think she'll medal. At SA she really was skating pretty poorly and looked to be in a lot of pain.

Meier is in the same situation as Poykio, injured, and seems to be suffering from it. Maybe she'll bounce back in time.

Carolina is one of the favorites, and because it's Euros she can still medal/win without being spectacular. She needs to keep it decently clean though, which shouldn't be a problem in the short but will be tougher in the long. Her programs are really nice this year though.

I was thinking maybe Elena Glebova could be a spoiler? She has that nice triple-triple combo and looked pretty good at SA

schiele

Final Flight
I was thinking maybe Elena Glebova could be a spoiler? She has that nice triple-triple combo and looked pretty good at SA

I have a feeling the spoiler could be Marchei.. With the boost she got from the nats, she might actually remain consistent thruout the competition. That would be nice to see.

oleada

Record Breaker
Makarova skated very well at Russian Nats, she could very well be a spoiler.

I'll be shocked if she's not top 5, with the way she is skating at the moment, and the way other ladies like Lepisto are. Her 3T+3T seems very reliable.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I think that an Italian lady on the top of the podium is possible (whoever skates cleaner), and then Leonova and Lepisto will be there...
I'm rooting also for Meier, always loved her style, and Makarova, Korpi, Sebestyen will be spoilers.