1. Michelle Kwan 2. Irina Slutskaya 3. Sasha Cohen
1. Michelle Kwan 2. Sasha Cohen 3. Irina Slutskaya
1. Irina Slutskaya 2. Michelle Kwan 3. Sasha Cohen
1. Irina Slutskaya 2. Sasha Cohen 3. Michelle Kwan
1. Sasha Cohen 2. Michelle Kwan 3. Irina Slutskaya
1. Sasha Cohen 2. Irina Slutskaya 3. Michelle Kwan
1. Michelle Kwan 2. Irina Slutskaya 3. Fumie Suguri
1. Irina Slutskaya 2. Michelle Kwan 3. Fumie Suguri
1. Sasha Cohen 2. Irina Slutskaya 3. Maria Butyrskaya
1. Fumie Suguri 2. Maria Butyrskaya 3. Sasha Cohen
skating would have been different that night, kinda hard to guess.
I need to re-watch the top programs before I cast my vote, but yeah, Sarah Hughes would definitely be off the podium.
I voted Michelle, Sasha, Irina... Michelle would've had crazy PCS scores with fully rotated jumps. Sasha would not have been hammered for her fall and Irina would've been fallen under UR calls...
Plus, I think Michelle's short program would've put her waaayy out front.
And this is why I dislike CoP so very much. And you know I put the ub in Uber-ness...
I still kinda find it odd that you didn't even bother to put Sarah on any of the podium spots
Slutskaya definitely wins in 2002 under the current CoP. She would have received more points for the spins and jumps and the PCS wouldn't have been much lower than Kwan's.
Hughes would have placed anywhere between 2nd to 4th, depending on the tech caller. I don't think any of her jumps were more than 1/4 turn underrotated but many of them were RIGHT on the line, so it's tricky to say how she would end up.
Kwan would have been 2nd or 3rd overall depending on how Hughes got called and Cohen would have been 3rd or 4th.
I think if there had been COP scoring at these Games there would have been a big backlash, because as far as I can tell, Sarah did slightly under-rotate several triples and that would have put her behind Irina for sure and probably also Michelle, despite the fact that hers was clearly the audience's favorite performance of the night. Basically the same situation as Yukari Nakano at 2008 Worlds. I think Irina would have taken first in both segments, Michelle would have been second in both (high program component scores, justifiably so, of course!), and Sarah would have been fourth in the short, third in the long and overall.
PS Slightly off topic, but I think under COP B and S would have won the pairs, taking first in the short by a big margin, coming in second in the long behind S and P but maintaining first overall!