5 Laurent ALVAREZ 53.22

Custom Title
    MEN SP
    1 Stéphane LAMBIEL 83.91
    2 Jamal OTHMAN 70.13
    3 Mikael REDIN 61.23
    4 Moris PFEIFHOFER 55.52
    5 Laurent ALVAREZ 53.22[/QUOTE]

Hurray! But then again, Stephane would have to have a bomb of epic proportions and/or the Swiss Skating Fed would have to be on some serious crack if they don't crown Stephane as their National Champ and ship him off to Euros and the Olympics.

Alas, I have just checked the protocols and Stephane's jump problems have not seemed to improve much from earlier this year. 2A, 4T-1T and a 3F with -GoE is not very competitive with the top men

Hopefully Stephane will get back to form by February, though. Allez Stephane!

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Just checked out the protocols and I'm curious about one thing, why did the men get a two point bonus in the SP and the ladies get a one point bonus?

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Alas, I have just checked the protocols and Stephane's jump problems have not seemed to improve much from earlier this year. 2A, 4T-1T and a 3F with -GoE is not very competitive with the top men

Hopefully Stephane will get back to form by February, though. Allez Stephane!
    I'm worried about him. Stéphane barely landed that quad. And if he can't do the 3A, he has to do the quad in order to be at all competitive. Here's a vid that shows some highlights from his SP and a short interview in French- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl61j...layer_embedded

There's a report on Stéphane's forum that he will change his LP.

Custom Title
    Check the website for the final results, obviosuly Sarah Meier and Stephane Lambiel won yet another national title. The marks are high of course, in order to get a better opinion what kind of skate they had, I looked up their TES mark, which tells the story more accurately (PCS are inflated being a National comp).

Stephane's TES mark doesn't look very good, is lower than the top 4 at GPF, and Sarah's about even with Ashley Wagner's technical mark, in her case that is not bad at all she could have had about 5 triples or so.

Custom Title
    Yeah SL's GsOE were not great on several jumps inc. the 4t. And his combo jumps were 3/2 and of course there were the two 2a. Spins scored well and footwork ok. Not all that impressive but of course he has a couple of months before the Olys. These kinds of efforts won't get him on the podium if he doesn't improve though.

Custom Title
    After checking the protocols, Sarah Meier didn't skate well either. 3 triples and one of them with an edge call (flip).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I'm worried about him. Stéphane barely landed that quad. And if he can't do the 3A, he has to do the quad in order to be at all competitive. Here's a vid that shows some highlights from his SP and a short interview in French- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl61j...layer_embedded

There's a report on Stéphane's forum that he will change his LP.
    Thanks for the link! I'm glad he's definitely going to Euros, it'll be interesting to see how he performs there and how he stacks up against Joubert, Verner, etc.

Is there any word on what his LP will be changed to? I'm glad he's dropping the tango LP, it was much more effective as an exhibition than as a competitive program with some of the choreography taken out.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Just checked out the protocols and I'm curious about one thing, why did the men get a two point bonus in the SP and the ladies get a one point bonus?

And what are these bonus points handed out for?

I've just checked out the score sheet for Stéphane Lambiel's LP and I was wondering if anone could explain what the "2bonus" at the end is?

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Is there any word on what his LP will be changed to? I'm glad he's dropping the tango LP, it was much more effective as an exhibition than as a competitive program with some of the choreography taken out.
    There was an interview linked on Stéphane's forum where he says he's working on a new program that is in "an embryonic state." Peter Grutter said they've been working on it for weeks. Stéphane said there will be a "surprise" at Euros. It seems he will debut the new program there. No word on music for it or anything.

Obviously Stéphane did not need to pull out all the stops (3A, triple-triple combo) to win Swiss Nats. He is so clearly the class of that competition. But what he showed worries me. These were his jumps according to a forum report-2А, 4T, 3Lutz , 3Loop, 3Т, 3F+2Т, 2А, 3S+2Т. He was low on the quad and had trouble with the landings on both the lutz and the loop. I hope he will be to ramp up the technical content because I don't think he will be on the podium at Euros or Olys with this.

Custom Title
    Does anyone know if Switzerland plans on using the second lady spot for the Olympics???

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Does anyone know if Switzerland plans on using the second lady spot for the Olympics???
    According to Lynn Rutherford, no.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    I've just checked out the score sheet for Stéphane Lambiel's LP and I was wondering if anone could explain what the "2bonus" at the end is?
    The Russian federation awards their Nationals mens' contestants an added 2 points bonus for attempting the quad jump because they feel it is undervalued in the code of points. I guess the Swiss federation follows this line of thinking as well for their National Championships contestants who go for the quad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast