Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Swiss Figure Skating Championships 2010

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Obviously Stéphane did not need to pull out all the stops (3A, triple-triple combo) to win Swiss Nats. He is so clearly the class of that competition. But what he showed worries me. These were his jumps according to a forum report-2А, 4T, 3Lutz , 3Loop, 3Т, 3F+2Т, 2А, 3S+2Т. He was low on the quad and had trouble with the landings on both the lutz and the loop. I hope he will be to ramp up the technical content because I don't think he will be on the podium at Euros or Olys with this.
    I wouldn't be too worried yet. Now, if this happens at Euros, then yes, he definitely would need to get his act together. Steph is wisely saving himself for when he needs to deliver magnificent programs, like at Europeans and Worlds. He has always kind of phoned in his performances at Nationals because there is just no one else in his country who can put up a challenge to him. It's more like a dress rehearsal/practice run-through of the program for him at his national championships.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried yet. Now, if this happens at Euros, then yes, he definitely would need to get his act together. Steph is wisely saving himself for when he needs to deliver magnificent programs, like at Europeans and Worlds. He has always kind of phoned in his performances at Nationals because there is just no one else in his country who can put up a challenge to him. It's more like a dress rehearsal/practice run-through of the program for him at his national championships.
    I guess my worry stems from the fact that he hasn't been challenged since his "retirement," which was over a year ago. He was the clear class of both the Nebelhorn Trophy and Swiss Nats fields, nobody else even close and his wins a foregone conclusion. I just wonder how he will do skating against his equals.

Custom Title
    The Russian federation awards their Nationals mens' contestants an added 2 points bonus for attempting the quad jump because they feel it is undervalued in the code of points. I guess the Swiss federation follows this line of thinking as well for their National Championships contestants who go for the quad.

Thanks for the input, but I doubt this is the case here. Several ladies got 1 bonus point, what is that for? What kind of "undervalued" elelment in the ladies program? And is not just the leading ladies got it, even the 18th classified one got one bonus point. For example, Mikael Redin was 3rd in the LP and he got 2 bonus points and had no quad attempts
    Last edited by herios; 12-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.

The Russian federation awards their Nationals mens' contestants an added 2 points bonus for attempting the quad jump because they feel it is undervalued in the code of points. I guess the Swiss federation follows this line of thinking as well for their National Championships contestants who go for the quad.
    Thanks!

The rules in Switzerland: The women get one bonus point for a triple jump which isn't downgraded, the men get two point bonus for a triple-triple OR a triple axel OR a quad (must also be without downgrade)

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yschntä View Post
    The rules in Switzerland: The women get one bonus point for a triple jump which isn't downgraded, the men get two point bonus for a triple-triple OR a triple axel OR a quad (must also be without downgrade)
    Hey, thanks for the informative post! You answered all our questions and welcome to the forum. Happy New Year!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2