No Sa For Me | Golden Skate

No Sa For Me

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
There is a huge fire in San Diego about 10 miles south of where I live and another one in Ramona to our east. Obviously, there is no SA on TV this morning! We're on alert, watching where the winds are shifting and hoping for the best. Fire is really a frightening force of nature.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
RGal........I've been reading about the huge fires down south. I live about an hour from Sequoia National Forest and we often have fires so close that the air is thick with smoke........hang in there..........42

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
RealtorGal-
I just sent you a email about the fires. Hope it doesn't get too close to you. Keep us informed.

Donna

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks. Got it and replied. I'm about 10 miles north of Scripps Ranch and the winds are shifting south. We ALMOST bought a house in Scripps... We've been told to stay put and that we're not in any danger at this point unless the winds shift, so we're packing a couple of bags just in case. All I'd take is some important documents, photos, the laptop, some clothes, and Angel (our new hamster). The rest is immaterial to me. I learned that lesson after the Northridge Earthquake!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
((((((((((((((((((RGal, Mr. RGal, RGal Jr., and Angel)))))))))))))))))))))))

Lucy25

Final Flight
Figure skating is very insignificant compared to what's going on out there. Be safe!

Lanie

On the Ice
Yeah, I was surprised they had SA here in Simi Valley, being that there's a fire right around the corner from my house. :eek: Hugs to RGal!

I hope that you and your family are safe and sound. What an ordeal, even if it is just waiting.

Mathman

It's big news on British TV. They spoke about one of the worst fires in years. Several people dead and so many lost homes. Horrible.

Joe

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope the fire turns away from your area and that you all stay safe. These kind of events dwarf any interest in figure skating.
dpp

I know so many people in California and fires, like earthquakes, are just a way of life. Of course it doesn't make them any less terrifying. In the last big SoCal fire, some friends' house was missed while the houses on both sides of them were completely destroyed.

A big MOO! hug to my twinnie and hopes that all GSers in the fire area are safe.
(((((((((((MOO!))))))))))))
Rgirl

registered

On the Ice
RealtorGirl and Lanie, I hope everything's fine with you two. I'm in the S.F. Valley, and we can smell the smoke. Hope weather would change as soon as tomorrow.

(RealtorGirl, what's the meaning of your avatar, it's so cute.)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
registered said:
RealtorGirl and Lanie, I hope everything's fine with you two. I'm in the S.F. Valley, and we can smell the smoke. Hope weather would change as soon as tomorrow.

(RealtorGirl, what's the meaning of your avatar, it's so cute.)

Thanks! I love cows, and this cow photo is one of my favorites. No special meaning beyond that.