2010 US Nationals Practice Groups & Detailed Schedule | Golden Skate

2010 US Nationals Practice Groups & Detailed Schedule

Sylvia

Record Breaker
USFS' event page has published the practice groups for all the Championship (Senior), Junior and Novice competitors, along with the detailed event schedule that includes all official practice ice sessions that are open to the public with the right tickets: http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=41451

Just click on the links in the Event Information Box titled "2010 U.S. Champs Practice Groups (XLS)" [Excel spreadsheet format] and "2010 U.S. Champs Schedule (PDF)" [latest version is dated 12/8/09]..

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, yes and no about the practice sessions. I am reading the official 2 page rules and regs for fans letter that came with my tickets (Parargaph: "Practice Ice Policy" and it seems that one hour before all competitive events, everyone will be required to take their official seats. For instance, one hour before Junior mens short, during Jr. Pairs practice, you must take your seat for Jr. Mens short. Am I reading the lette wrong?

Tammi

On the Ice
I think there is a little bit of confusion about the schedule. The first one that went up on the USFS site was all-inclusive. Since Sylvia posted, they took that one down and have put up a "public" schedule. This new one is limited to showing only the events and practices that are open to the public.

For example, practices on Wednesday in the Spokane arena are closed sessions and all the practices at Eagles Arena are closed to the public (these have been removed completely from the "public" schedule now posted).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks Tammi! I downloaded Draft 30.21 and it had nothing on the first Wednesday but on the current version 30.23, I see the Opening ceremony practice is closed to us fans. I suspect that we may see more changes in the future.
Chris sleeping in on the first Thursday.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Senior level practice groups as currently listed (link posted above):

CHAMPIONSHIP LADIES (24)
Group A: Cohen, Gao, Gilles, Gong, Sperduto, Stern [replaced the injured Musademba who has WD]
Group B: Czisny, Bereswill, Kawamura, Rosenthal, Diggs, Khazova
Group C: Flatt, Nagasu, Maxwell, Morrow, Bulanhagui, Dobbs
Group D: Zhang, Wagner, Hughes, Liang, Howey, Cesario

CHAMPIONSHIP MEN (24)
Group A: Lysacek, Mahbanoozadeh, Steenberg, Johnson, Phan, Raad
Group B: Abbott, Rippon, Miner, Campbell, Wong, Gonzales
Group C: Weir, Bradley, Dornbush, Rogers, Razzano, Solonoski
Group D: Mroz, Carriere, Hochstein, Pennington, Cassar, Messing

CHAMPIONSHIP PAIRS (17)
Group A: McLaughlin/Brubaker, Castelli/Shnapir, Dobbs/Jacobsen
Group B: Yankowskas/Coughlin, Nguyen/Leftheris, Best/Young [originally in C, they replace the withdrawn pair of Katz/Lynch in B]
Group C: Denney/Barrett, Lepzinski/Burgess, Paetsch/Meekins
Group D: Evora/Ladwig, Castile/Okolski, Vise/Baldwin, Moore/Gaumond
Group E: Inoue Baldwin, Tanovich/Chau, Aaron/Cohen, Sheikh/VanCleave

CHAMPIONSHIP DANCE (15)
Group A: Samuelson/Bates, Chock/Zuerlein, Pratt/Obzansky, Chan/Deveikis, Wyble/Morrow
Group B: Davis/White, Summersett/Gilles, Hubbell/Hubbell, Corry/Lorello, Lueck/Zastrow
Group C: Belbin/Agosto, Navarro/Bommentre, Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt, Cho/Ponomarev, Wingle/McKernan