Fan-cams of this season | Golden Skate

Fan-cams of this season

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the "illegal" recording I am not a fan of. it's people who violate the rules that make those of us who follow them unable to continue to use our cameras in the correct way.

Skate America has a strict policy of NOT using video recorders (or that capability on a digital camera) as it violates their contract with the television network broadcasters.

They're already really strict on camera policies, if more and more people start this stuff up the less likely we'll get to bring them in at all.

/rant

Nadia01

Final Flight
the "illegal" recording I am not a fan of. it's people who violate the rules that make those of us who follow them unable to continue to use our cameras in the correct way.

Skate America has a strict policy of NOT using video recorders (or that capability on a digital camera) as it violates their contract with the television network broadcasters.

They're already really strict on camera policies, if more and more people start this stuff up the less likely we'll get to bring them in at all.

/rant
Oh interesting. I didn't know about the rules, as I've never been to a competition yet... ! (I so wanna go)

I've watched a few fan-cam stuff before on YouTube not for the quality, but b/c I wanted to see how fast some skaters really skated. Although I love the professionally done clips, it's hard to tell how fast everyone is.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I am a bit indecisive on this topic, but openminded for a debate.

I have been working for a professional photographer for long and also sold pictures myself, so I have the copyright fight in my bones. But new times now. You can charge the commercial users, but it is impossible to stop private persons from using ©pics they find on the net. Some are still kind enough to ask though :) (recommended while it is interesting to know how your pictures are used and the answer will probably be yes).

As for TV, I have paid a lot during many years, just to watch some sports events I am interested in. I am quitting Eurosport in March next year because if I want it I have to pay for 16 other channels that I never watch. And I don't think Eurosport will favor figure skating much more in the future.

The Grand prix FS I have had no opportunity to watch on TV or onlineTV even if I paid for it. So thanks to all people putting it on the net, illegal or not :p :clap:

I hope in the future there will be accreditations for people who want to video film events, like there is now for still photographers. The technique has become so cheap and easy that many are able to do great/better broadcasts than the established producers.

btw I am curious how they do these fan-cams(planning, buying good seats, very small cameras/mobiles, working in pairs, motivations?) I agree that some of the videos, in spite of being amateurish and "experimental" ;), have lots of atmosphere.

Figure88

On the Ice
If fans want souvenirs from competition better it be recordings than actual pictures coz camera flashes could seriously hinder a skater's performance. I wasn't very impressed with Rochette's SC performance but she looks better live. She's much more expressive and lively. Good music selection and choice of skating outfit too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
cameras don't HAVE to flash. if you don't know how to turn off the flash then you shouldn't bring your camera to the event. period.

Roman Kacew

Spectator

/rant

I knew audience shouldn't have their camera flash which hinders skater's concentration but I didn't notice the video recording policy cause there's a lot fan-cams on web.
Now I know..
Sorry for linking illegal fan-cams and I'm gonna delete links and close the thread.
Thank you for your advice