It's Snowing! - Should Bode Well For 2010 Games | Golden Skate

It's Snowing! - Should Bode Well For 2010 Games

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well the snow has finally returned to the Lower Mainland. This should bode well for the 2010 Games. Vanoc was worried we would have a green winter this year because last year we had a record snow fall.

We are not the greatest drivers here on the West Coast when it comes to snow. Oh well there is always the bus.

I can't believe the Olympics are just around the corner....

skatingbc

Final Flight
Well all I can say is what a surpise - to hear that it is snowing in Canada ;) :)

It actually doesn't snow that often in Vancouver. We've had abnormally cold weather for the past week. It's warmer now (about 10 C) and the snow is gone. Vancouver, generally, has very mild winters and rarely has temperatures below the 0 C mark.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It actually doesn't snow that often in Vancouver. We've had abnormally cold weather for the past week. It's warmer now (about 10 C) and the snow is gone. Vancouver, generally, has very mild winters and rarely has temperatures below the 0 C mark.

That's for sure!! Last winter would have been better for the Olympics. The snow did not last which is fine by me as I have to commute a fair distance every day to work as does my husband. I hope the snow stays up on the Mountain tops for the Olympics - where it belongs.....

jennylovskt

Medalist
Well all I can say is what a surpise - to hear that it is snowing in Canada ;) :)

Vancouver's wheather is very mild because it's along the coastline. Even on the other side of the Rocky Mountains, the temperature is not as cold and terrible as people think. I've seen people bear shoulders and take sun bath on their balcony at 10 C.:biggrin:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Vancouver's wheather is very mild because it's along the coastline. Even on the other side of the Rocky Mountains, the temperature is not as cold and terrible as people think. I've seen people bear shoulders and take sun bath on their balcony at 10 C.:biggrin:

Hmmm....sounds like somebody has been spying on Evan ;)

I used to live in Portland, Oregon and am very familiar with the weather in the Pacific Northwest.

I have been skiing at Mt Hood on July 4th - wearing shorts and a cutoff sweatshirt, and it was great!!
But let me tell you, a good fall can take alot of skin off. :laugh:

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I just read that it's raining very hard in Vancouver and that some alpine tracks are closed. Alarming.....or? Well, a lot of weather things can happen in a month, fingers crossed!

Just hoping Bodie Millar doesn't hit the bars the night before his Downhill race, and brings back home, the Gold.