Anyone rooting for Fumie? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone rooting for Fumie?

Mafke

Medalist
No, She is actually a down to earth kinda person. She is said to be good friends with many of her competitiors. The biggest diva is probably Fumie.

A diva is not the same thing as b*tch or tempremental or high maintenance (a diva might be any or all of the above but that's not a prereq).

The essence of diva is a bigger than life personality, frequent metamorphisis (with frequent glaring lapses in taste and restraint), big emotions which are freely shared and the ability to have the audience take part in her emotional roller coaster. Who fits all that better than Ando?

Last edited:

prettykeys

Medalist
Yeah, I don't know why some people think "diva" automatically has a negative connotation. It can be used negatively, but in the most general sense it refers to women who are queen-like and have star personalities.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I haven't liked any program from Fumie since the 2006-2007 season. Sorry.

It's ridiculous that Countries are limited to sending 3 skaters to events but, given that only 3 are allowed, I'm definitely not rooting for Fumie. She would be my 5th pick to make the Japanese Olympic team.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'd pick Akiko ahead of Fumie, but Fumie ahead of Yukari. I can't stand Yukari's jumps and it's too bad because the rest of her skating is lovely

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a soft spot for Fumie (she's still my current favorite Japanese lady). I would love to see her make the Olympic team, although I think it's a longshot, considering the great depth in Japanese ladies.

berrycute

On the Ice
If she makes the team, I think I would be kind of dissapointed. She has been to two games already, skated well, achieved good things, and now if she gets a third go it will deprive someone like Yukari or Akiko their chance to perform on Olympic Ice.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If she makes the team, I think I would be kind of dissapointed. She has been to two games already, skated well, achieved good things, and now if she gets a third go it will deprive someone like Yukari of Akiko their chance to perform on Olympic Ice.

Exactly. Fumie is a lovely skater but I think she's starting to develop stamina issues. She came in 4th at the last Olympics and I doubt she'd be able to match that placement this year (unless she has the SOHL).

I really hope Akiko gets the spot, she is such a little fireball and her energy really seems to get the audience going!:agree:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Funny, this has to do with "Rooting for" and the definition has seemed to wander. For example - I am rooting that Fumie can get a 3x3x2. I am rooting she can out layback CZ (believe me there is no reason for me to think she can).... If she can do it I hope she does. She is always a joy to watch and has a wonderful personality. Heck I was rooting for MK although I didn't feel like she was skating well enough to get the points to win. Like rooting for the Broncos when they are playing the Colts - I know, sorry about the football reference.

And really, answering "no" to the question of the thread is just like saying ... well what is the point? It is as though people are just trying to get more posts rather than say something worth while. Why not " I hope the best for her but the outlook is not so good. If she does it she out skated someone else. Good for her. I would really like to see ______ go this year." I know there are other forums that like snarky talk.