Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship of Russia 2010

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Dear Oxade,
    You are right about Linichuk.
    The only problem is that not SHE is the one to compete, but Domnina/Shabalin-sadly.
    Also a great Mountain can give birth to a little mice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Dear Oxade,
    You are right about Linichuk.
    The only problem is that not SHE is the one to compete, but Domnina/Shabalin-sadly.
    Also a great Mountain can give births to a little mice.
    Don't you worry about D/S, they are the current World Champions after all. Enough with hate already. It's getting obnoxious.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oxade21 View Post
    Don't you worry about D/S, they are the current World Champions after all. Enough with hate already. It's getting obnoxious.
    I'm NOT hating, just disappointed.

Banned
    I'm NOT hating, just disappointed.
    Well, nothing to be disappointed about a team without any training showing decent skating in their current condition. All will be good.

Custom Title
    What happened with Kokhlova-Novitski, not to compete here?
    I REALLY hope that they are busy creating new programs.

Custom Title
    It sounds weird to me that Europeans and Americans are discussing about how authentic this aboriginal and Indian dance could be.

Let's think about the difference of these 2 couples in technique, skating skills and choreography.
    That is what matters. I still have a bad feeling the worse one could get higher.
    In the present stage, I think also a bronze-medal at the Oly could be an unfair huge GIFT to D/S, which can endanger the sport ro remain in the Olympic program....Not even mentioning how to be on the same page of the history together with Pahomova/Gorshkov, Grischchuk/Platov, Torvill/Dean, Klimova/Ponomarenko, Anissina/Peizerat or Bestemianova/Bukin with THIS ability to perform honest emotions and good tecnique...
    Sorry, i am not european, i am an indian, born and educated in India. though i have spent couple of years in europe. So, i think i can speak about authenticity from your definition.

Medalist
    I think it's rather utopian to say that DomShabs should just retire because Maxim's knees are bad. Skating is the thing they've been doing for most of their lives and now that they are in a position to maybe win a medal at the Olympics they should give up? And, as another poster said, they are a team, every decision he makes has an effect on her career as well. And with the way K/N have been skating this season...you bet there's enourmous pressure from the Russian federation on D/S to be fit for Vancouver.

And, yeah, they are skating about as well as can be expected when he's basically without knees at this point and they haven't had time for extensive training. That said, I thought their CD was good, if slow and tentative. As for OD and FD, they still have some time to whip it into shape come Vancouver. Their best performances last season were at Worlds in LA, as well, so it's not all that doomy and gloomy IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katha View Post
    I think it's rather utopian to say that DomShabs should just retire because Maxim's knees are bad. Skating is the thing they've been doing for most of their lives and now that they are in a position to maybe win a medal at the Olympics they should give up? And, as another poster said, they are a team, every decision he makes has an effect on her career as well. And with the way K/N have been skating this season...you bet there's enourmous pressure from the Russian federation on D/S to be fit for Vancouver.

And, yeah, they are skating about as well as can be expected when he's basically without knees at this point and they haven't had time for extensive training. That said, I thought their CD was good, if slow and tentative. As for OD and FD, they still have some time to whip it into shape come Vancouver. Their best performances last season were at Worlds in LA, as well, so it's not all that doomy and gloomy IMO.
    thanks for your prespective Katha, i agree with you completely . And, can i ask, what ur username actually means

Custom Title
    Domnina and Shabalin got 46.75 + 56.31 = 103.06
    final score: 214.77

I couldn't watch their whole program, but they had some problems with the twizzles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Domnina and Shabalin got 46.75 + 56.31 = 103.06
    final score: 214.77

I couldn't watch their whole program, but they had some problems with the twizzles
    TAT hated the program and was really outspoken about it in her comments. I kinda agree. That was poor skate.

Custom Title
    Rubleva and Shefer
    46.00 + 48.05 = 94.05
    final score = 188.46

They got almost the same TES than D/S

Thanks oxade21, I wish I could understand russian

Custom Title
    Rubelva/shefer behind Bobrova and Solevyev, so they won't be going to the olympics
    Last edited by life684; 12-26-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Rubelva/shefer behind Bobrova and Solevyev, so tehy won't be oing to the olympics
    Rubleva was close to breakdown.

Custom Title
    how did Platnova and Grachev do, i like their style very much... i wish my Wi-fi won't go on partial strike as it is doing now.

three points deduction, what happened.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast