Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Championship of Russia 2010

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    yeah yeah authenticity of original dance,

sorry if someone already posted D/S FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgv6vEY35xQ

just saw it. all i have to say is:
    it looks like a dress rehearsal.
    stumble here, stumble there
    failed twizzles, weak lifts.
    messy footwork.

i am heavily disappointed but the costumes are finally nice..

Custom Title
    Well, I've managed to watch both the OD and FD and both are a hot mess.....very sloppy, slow, so many mistakes, and 'nuf said before about the OD costumes and makeup..............if they want a medal, they have several great teams to beat who have stepped up and presented wonderful programs this year, in fact I think they don't even measure up to any of the top 10 or 12 teams I've seen so far this year............but then again, they were "gifted" at Worlds '09, but this is far worse that what they put out for that comp.

Custom Title
    This:
    Referee of the dance panel at the Russian championships was Gorshkov, who also doubles as head of the ice dancing technical committee of the International Skating Union, with plenty of weight to throw around at the Olympics.

And the technical controller at the national dance championships was the ponytailed Alla Shekhovtsova, wife of Russian federation president Valentin Piseev. Shekhovtseva, who always has strong opinions about skaters, will probably show up at the Olympics as a judge or some kind of official, although no one knows why the ISU would ever allow a federation president’s wife to judge.
    is "cooking up" nothing by Beverly Smith. It's pointing to legitimate conflicts of interest.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Ladies Lp

1) Tuktamysheva
    This deserves to be quoted. 13 years old, wow.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    This deserves to be quoted. 13 years old, wow.
    Wow indeed. The Russians have a good store of young talent. She is amazing. Those jumps are out of this world. I can't believe she has another 2 years before she can comepete at worlds.

Custom Title
    I like Anna Ovcharova better.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    This:
    is "cooking up" nothing by Beverly Smith. It's pointing to legitimate conflicts of interest.

May I ask you where the legitimate conflict of interest is?

Is it because Shekhovtsova is the wife of the Federation President????

Then why is it worse than when Presidents of the National Federations themselves serve as ISU Judges, Controllers , etc...

Why B.Smith does not mention the President of the Canadian Figure Skating???

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Aren't Krail & Peter also coached by Linichuk? Linichuk appears particularly taken by this aboriginal concept.

The King has arrived - no questions! plushyta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Aren't Krail & Peter also coached by Linichuk? Linichuk appears particularly taken by this aboriginal concept.
    According to http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00008396.htm ... yes

As I say - I think the "intention" to create a program that would "close" (receptive) to Canadian Indian population (it is possible, that them Canadian "folklore" look like as the Aboriginal folklore ) .... but from the best intentions, no ridicule, or something similar

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SUN View Post
    May I ask you where the legitimate conflict of interest is?

Is it because Shekhovtsova is the wife of the Federation President????

Then why is it worse than when Presidents of the National Federations themselves serve as ISU Judges, Controllers , etc...

Why B.Smith does not mention the President of the Canadian Figure Skating???
    This is a good question, actually. Is Shekhovtsova realistically any more partial than any other Russian judges in international competition? The conflict of interest comes from within Russia, imo, in terms of getting judging assignments.

But appearance of scandal.....

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25