Championship of Russia 2010 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Championship of Russia 2010

Final Flight
yeah yeah authenticity of original dance,

sorry if someone already posted D/S FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgv6vEY35xQ

just saw it. all i have to say is: :unsure:
it looks like a dress rehearsal.
stumble here, stumble there
failed twizzles, weak lifts.
messy footwork.

i am heavily disappointed but the costumes are finally nice..

Ravensque

On the Ice
Well, I've managed to watch both the OD and FD and both are a hot mess.....very sloppy, slow, so many mistakes, and 'nuf said before about the OD costumes and makeup..............if they want a medal, they have several great teams to beat who have stepped up and presented wonderful programs this year, in fact I think they don't even measure up to any of the top 10 or 12 teams I've seen so far this year............but then again, they were "gifted" at Worlds '09, but this is far worse that what they put out for that comp.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
This:
Referee of the dance panel at the Russian championships was Gorshkov, who also doubles as head of the ice dancing technical committee of the International Skating Union, with plenty of weight to throw around at the Olympics.

And the technical controller at the national dance championships was the ponytailed Alla Shekhovtsova, wife of Russian federation president Valentin Piseev. Shekhovtseva, who always has strong opinions about skaters, will probably show up at the Olympics as a judge or some kind of official, although no one knows why the ISU would ever allow a federation president’s wife to judge.
is "cooking up" nothing by Beverly Smith. It's pointing to legitimate conflicts of interest.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
This deserves to be quoted. 13 years old, wow.

Wow indeed. The Russians have a good store of young talent. She is amazing. Those jumps are out of this world. I can't believe she has another 2 years before she can comepete at worlds.

SUN

Spectator
This:
is "cooking up" nothing by Beverly Smith. It's pointing to legitimate conflicts of interest.

May I ask you where the legitimate conflict of interest is?

Is it because Shekhovtsova is the wife of the Federation President????

Then why is it worse than when Presidents of the National Federations themselves serve as ISU Judges, Controllers , etc...

Why B.Smith does not mention the President of the Canadian Figure Skating???

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Aren't Krail & Peter also coached by Linichuk? Linichuk appears particularly taken by this aboriginal concept.

plushyta

On the Ice
Aren't Krail & Peter also coached by Linichuk? Linichuk appears particularly taken by this aboriginal concept.
According to http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00008396.htm ... yes :laugh:

As I say - I think the "intention" to create a program that would "close" (receptive) to Canadian Indian population (it is possible, that them Canadian "folklore" look like as the Aboriginal folklore ;)) .... but from the best intentions, no ridicule, or something similar :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
May I ask you where the legitimate conflict of interest is?

Is it because Shekhovtsova is the wife of the Federation President????

Then why is it worse than when Presidents of the National Federations themselves serve as ISU Judges, Controllers , etc...

Why B.Smith does not mention the President of the Canadian Figure Skating???

This is a good question, actually. Is Shekhovtsova realistically any more partial than any other Russian judges in international competition? The conflict of interest comes from within Russia, imo, in terms of getting judging assignments.

But appearance of scandal.....