Championship of Russia 2010 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Championship of Russia 2010

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Her coach wanted Polina concentrate on Junior events this year and prepare for JW. They did not want to correct and change the program for senior competition.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Her coach wanted Polina concentrate on Junior events this year and prepare for JW. They did not want to correct and change the program for senior competition.

Oh good, I was afraid she was hurt. Does this mean that Anna Ovcharova and the other good young girls that competed at senior nationals this year won't be going to Junior Worlds?

life684

Final Flight
Oh good, I was afraid she was hurt. Does this mean that Anna Ovcharova and the other good young girls that competed at senior nationals this year won't be going to Junior Worlds?

there is usually a junior nationals latter on, very likely most of these skaters, imcluding the junior eligible skaters that competed at senior nationals will compete. Last year Russian juniors were held in January, a month after the senior nationals

KKonas

Medalist
Oksana and maxim's training video of their OD ..

Costume is plain ugly and their synchro in the training was terrible. i don't know what to think of it. will have to see during the competition.

Thought their CD was elementary - like they were counting the steps. No emotion whatsoever. It was almost hilarious as Shabalin tred to insert a little expressison by adding a stomping stance at the end. Pathetic. As for the OD - if they skate like that - slow and sloppy - they will be off the podium in Vancouver for sure.

Big Deal

Final Flight
This OD on the practice-video REALLY looked ugly and arteficial.
I hope it will look different in the reality, otherwise not better than Khohlova-Novitski programs this year, which could be a shame.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
No, it doesn't. They can go to JW, although they would have to change the programs to Junior standats again. I think Shelepen, Ovcharova and Birukova will go to JW but it's not confirmed yet.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
No, it doesn't. They can go to JW, although they would have to change the programs to Junior standats again. I think Shelepen, Ovcharova and Birukova will go to JW but it's not confirmed yet.

Oh I see. So if a skater wants to she can compete in senior and junior nationals and then if her placement is high enough at either or both competitions to qualify for JW then she will go. That's cool. I really hope Anna Ovcharova goes she is my favorite, her programs are so exciting! :clap::agree::love:

oleada

Record Breaker

It will probably be decided after Junior Nationals in January, like the past few years. I imagine Shelepen will go, though, and a team with Ovcharova and Biryukova wouldn't be suprising, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to confirmed.

Last year, Imaikina/Novoselov placed higher than Martiusheva/Rogonov at Nationals, and Sheremetieva/Kuznetsov didn't compete. But M/R won Junior nats and S/K medaled, and I/N got left at home.

Last edited:

oxade21

Match Penalty
I like D/S OD. Something different for change. I am not sure about the execution at this event though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The leaves coming out of Oksana'a boots and bra were a bit odd.

And fo some reason I can't figure out, the lyrics remind me a bit of the hamster dance (whistle stop by roger miller):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6TzAQXVpB8

However, it's always nice to see a team tackling something unusual. It still looks a bit rough and much slower than they usually are. They have some work to do before Euros.

Final Flight
Are they serious about winning the olympics with that?
Does anybody remember what their freedance is? I hope it is something in better taste than what we have seen so far.

completely agree. disregard the horrible costumes - the dance is still really awful. sloppy footwork, slow choreography, failed lift.

i know they are trying to be unique and different and not use an eastern european theme or a western theme....but they just fail at interpretation.
the antithesis to this failure is davis and white - well crafted and authentic....at least it feels comfortable and authentic.

they need a major miracle to catch up to the other more seasoned teams

life684

Final Flight
completely agree. disregard the horrible costumes - the dance is still really awful. sloppy footwork, slow choreography, failed lift.

i know they are trying to be unique and different and not use an eastern european theme or a western theme....but they just fail at interpretation.
the antithesis to this failure is davis and white - well crafted and authentic....at least it feels comfortable and authentic.

they need a major miracle to catch up to the other more seasoned teams

D/W od is probably the least authentic among the top teams.