Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship of Russia 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    MAKAROVA, LEONOVA & GOZEVAgo to Euros!
    Officially?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Officially?
    No. But Tuktamisheva, Sotnikova, Ovcharova are 13 years old. Biryukova missed out Euros because of 18 days... (Born: 1994. July 19.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Officially?
    Not yet. Makarova and Leonova go for sure, and as for Gozeva, I think that Russian FS federation will decide if she goes or not. As for me, I prefer Gerboldt

Quote Originally Posted by Sdongxie View Post
    It can also work by using Chrome.
    As I couldn't watch the stream with Firefox on Mac, this was a great help...thanks a lot ....i didn't know about this browser. Now I will enjoy watching the pairs and also the men's LP.

Makarova

That lady T really does have a lot to say in a kind of firm and self assured way. Wish I understood half of it.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Gratz to Makarova! See you at Euros and Olympics (same for Leonova)!

Domnina/Shabalin This is NOT OK for me. Reminds me of Yagudin's banana exhibition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Domnina/Shabalin This is NOT OK for me. Reminds me of Yagudin's banana exhibition.
    I am not sure what to make of the dance as well. it is so late in the season that they will have to stick with this dance.

Bobrova again make has trouble with twizzles...
    Last edited by life684; 12-25-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Custom Title
    I think it was great seeing DomShabs doing a voidy program, not DuchesnayKerrs voidiness but pretty unusual for a OG contender. The costumes were wild and the coreography is fun and keeps you interested. That being said there were quite a few bobbles and they lost soo much speed in the circular ste sequence. IF skated this cleaner at Olys plus their world champ reputation they are in for a podium position.

Oh and Gorshkova/Butikov are being dumped badly. Missed their OD but I think they have potential.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Reminds me of Yagudin's banana exhibition.
    That can't be a good thing. At least Yagudin's was an Ex. This is an Olympic OD.

They get 66.54. Was that inflated? D/W had 65 at GPF so I imagine we'll be seeing 66+ at Euros and Olympics.

Are the costumes the same as the ones in the OD practice vid?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    That can't be a good thing. At least Yagudin's was an Ex. This is an Olympic OD.

They get 66.54. Was that inflated? D/W had 65 at GPF so I imagine we'll be seeing 66+ at Euros and Olympics.

Are the costumes the same as the ones in the OD practice vid?
    Yes, i think costume is the same... and i think score is inflated because tehy picked more points on PCS than TES (which was crazy high with 9.5s fro chero and timing). they need to up the TES to actually get 65+ at the euros and Olympics.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    And Rubleva and Shefer have taken over the prized second-pace spot, but not half a point between 2nd and 4th. The free dance is going to be a nail-biter.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    And Rubleva and Shefer have taken over the prized second-pace spot, but not half a point between 2nd and 4th. The free dance is going to be a nail-biter.
    Yeah, I thought the judging for that was quite fair. Rubleva/Shefer has the cleanest, most well-executed program out of those three. Bobrova/Soloviev had the best program and kept the theme really well throughout, but they had a mistake on the twizzles. They deserve the highest PCS of the 3. Riazanova/Tkachenko had a clean program, but it wasn't as interesting.
    Last edited by oleada; 12-25-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Yes, i think costume is the same... and i think score is inflated because tehy picked more points on PCS than TES (which was crazy high with 9.5s fro chero and timing). they need to up the TES to actually get 65+ at the euros and Olympics.
    Scores get increasingly inflated as the season goes by (4CCs and Euros are the worst). I won't be surprised to see multiple 10s by the end of the season.

They are behind both D/W and V/M (GPF) TES wise. I'll wait to see their OD before I make a judgement on it.

I appreciate their attempt to do something different and be authentic but those costumes ... I don't know what to make of the dance.

I hope for their sake that the programme will be well-received by the international judges. By going by reputation alone, I suppose it will be.

And Tarasova is talking and talking and talking........

Custom Title
    ICE DANCE cd+od

1 Oksana DOMNINA / Maxim SHABALIN 111.71 1 1
    2 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER 94.41 4 2
    3 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitry SOLOVYEV 94.34 2 4
    4 Ekaterina RYAZANOVA / Ilya TKACHENKO 93.92 3 3
    5 Anastasya PLATONOVA / Aleksander GRACHEV 86.59 5 5
    6 Yuliya ZLOBINA / Aleksei SITNIKOV 84.12 7 6
    7 Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitaliy BUTIKOV 81.28 6 7
    8 Aleksandra CHISTYAKOVA / Vladimir KUROCHKIN 64.59 8 9
    9 Olga KOLOTILINA / Aleksandr BORTSOV 61.37 9 8

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast