Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship of Russia 2010

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Ladies Lp

1) Tuktamysheva
    2)Leonova
    3)Makarova
    That Tuktamesheva's program is fantastic.

Custom Title
    Why did Polina Shelepen not compete at Russian Nationals?

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Her coach wanted Polina concentrate on Junior events this year and prepare for JW. They did not want to correct and change the program for senior competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    Her coach wanted Polina concentrate on Junior events this year and prepare for JW. They did not want to correct and change the program for senior competition.
    Oh good, I was afraid she was hurt. Does this mean that Anna Ovcharova and the other good young girls that competed at senior nationals this year won't be going to Junior Worlds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Oh good, I was afraid she was hurt. Does this mean that Anna Ovcharova and the other good young girls that competed at senior nationals this year won't be going to Junior Worlds?
    there is usually a junior nationals latter on, very likely most of these skaters, imcluding the junior eligible skaters that competed at senior nationals will compete. Last year Russian juniors were held in January, a month after the senior nationals

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Oksana and maxim's training video of their OD ..

Costume is plain ugly and their synchro in the training was terrible. i don't know what to think of it. will have to see during the competition.
    Thought their CD was elementary - like they were counting the steps. No emotion whatsoever. It was almost hilarious as Shabalin tred to insert a little expressison by adding a stomping stance at the end. Pathetic. As for the OD - if they skate like that - slow and sloppy - they will be off the podium in Vancouver for sure.

Custom Title
    This OD on the practice-video REALLY looked ugly and arteficial.
    I hope it will look different in the reality, otherwise not better than Khohlova-Novitski programs this year, which could be a shame.

Home video of D/S OD. It seems like you have to get used to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjQ8-16-lU

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    No, it doesn't. They can go to JW, although they would have to change the programs to Junior standats again. I think Shelepen, Ovcharova and Birukova will go to JW but it's not confirmed yet.

Custom Title
    No, it doesn't. They can go to JW, although they would have to change the programs to Junior standats again. I think Shelepen, Ovcharova and Birukova will go to JW but it's not confirmed yet.
    Oh I see. So if a skater wants to she can compete in senior and junior nationals and then if her placement is high enough at either or both competitions to qualify for JW then she will go. That's cool. I really hope Anna Ovcharova goes she is my favorite, her programs are so exciting!

Custom Title
    It will probably be decided after Junior Nationals in January, like the past few years. I imagine Shelepen will go, though, and a team with Ovcharova and Biryukova wouldn't be suprising, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to confirmed.

Last year, Imaikina/Novoselov placed higher than Martiusheva/Rogonov at Nationals, and Sheremetieva/Kuznetsov didn't compete. But M/R won Junior nats and S/K medaled, and I/N got left at home.
    Last edited by oleada; 12-25-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Home video of D/S OD. It seems like you have to get used to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjQ8-16-lU
    Are they serious about winning the olympics with that?
    Does anybody remember what their freedance is? I hope it is something in better taste than what we have seen so far.

Custom Title
    Wow, I really don't like DomShab's OD. It will be interesting how it goes at Euro's.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Free dance has a piece of Requiem for a Dream.

Banned
    I like D/S OD. Something different for change. I am not sure about the execution at this event though.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast