Championship of Russia 2010 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Championship of Russia 2010

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
did they have difficulty with a lift, and it seems that did not count towards the total.

You may be right. when i think back maybe he put her down too early. Don't remember. We have to watch yotube.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Maybe they are trying to peak again for Euros/Olympics.

Krasilnikova/Bezmaternikh withdrew after she fell twice - first on the 3S attempt, and then a bad fall on the 3FTh. She couldn't skate after that. She seemed to be holding her hip/back. :( Very sad for them.

Thanks. So sad. :(

Shaba22

Final Flight
PAIRS
1 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Aleksander SMIRNOV 220.61 1 1
2 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maksim TRANKOV 208.78 2 2
3 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuriy LARIONOV 178.65 3 3
4 Lubov ILUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE 170.49 4 4
5 Tatyana NOVIK / Mikhail KUZNETSOV 161.27 5 5
6 Ksenya OZEROVA / Aleksander ENBERT 147.20 12 6
7 Ekaterina PETAIKINA / Maksim KURDYUKOV 143.27 6 7
8 Ekaterina SHEREMETYEVA / Egor CHUDIN 136.21 8 9
9 Anastasya MARTUSHEVA / Aleksey ROGONOV 135.77 9 8
10 Sabina IMAIKINA / Semen STEPANOV 127.89 10 10
11 Ekaterina KUKLINA / Eduard KUSHTANOV 123.41 11 11

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Kavaguti & Smirnov looked cute in the interview. Mosvina too :thumbsup:

Good luck all great Russian figure skaters and thanks for the entertainment.

life684

Final Flight
Good news from nationals

1) Yuko and Sasha's performances
2) Makarova...
3) Junior ladies going strong

Slightly worrying
1) M/T not able to maintain their good performances,
2) Voronov's nerves
3) Absence of K/N

Bad news
1) Oksana and Maxim:disapp:
2) Plushy's Injury :cry:
3) I/M:frown2:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems like Russia always has strong young girls; it just never translates into strong mature skaters (since Irina, that is).

It's happened with some of the young men as well. Remember Griazev and Magerovski? Both gone. Alexander Uspenski and Sergei Dobrin, who were strong JW/JGP skaters, haven't progressed into strong Senior skaters.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Is it possible that D&S will choose not to compete at Euros? Perhaps B&S and R&S then may skateoff on the international stage. (My preferred sequence of events :) Save Max's knee as much as possible and improve programs! )

Yeah, but is it such a good idea to have your programs judged by ONLY your nationals judges? They might be in for a shock at Olympics. Which they should be based on what I've seen.:unsure:

missysays

On the Ice
The more I watch that OD, the more I am convinced that Lynichuk is genius!!! I think the program is brilliant. Once the initial shock wears off and you forget about poor quality of this particular skate, you notice so many choreographic details which executed well could make them stand out among everything we have this year.

After watching the youtube footage of their OD, I actually agree with this assessment. The steps are interesting and make the most of the music. The only thing they need to do is tone down the costuming and please, please, please loose the make-up. If you really watch them, the lines of the costume are not so horrible it's the garish orange color with white trim. If they could go more earth tones browns, grays, and tans, I think it would show off the interesting movement and shapes in the dance. It makes the other Eastern European, Western, and Spanish themed ODs look prosaic by comparison.

I also looked at the rehearsal footage of their FD. If they could just get enough training mileage and give Maxim's knee enough of a rest, they have the capability to really skate up to that FD. They have a grandeur, majesty, and also abandon in their presentation that none of the other world-level teams have at this point. And here I actually like their costuming. It's not restrained or well-modulated fashion a la Virtue and Moir but there's a wildness and certain elegance to it that matches the style of music that they're skating to.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them. :agree:

KKonas

Medalist
After watching the youtube footage of their OD, I actually agree with this assessment. The steps are interesting and make the most of the music. The only thing they need to do is tone down the costuming and please, please, please loose the make-up. If you really watch them, the lines of the costume are not so horrible it's the garish orange color with white trim. If they could go more earth tones browns, grays, and tans, I think it would show off the interesting movement and shapes in the dance. It makes the other Eastern European, Western, and Spanish themed ODs look prosaic by comparison.

I also looked at the rehearsal footage of their FD. If they could just get enough training mileage and give Maxim's knee enough of a rest, they have the capability to really skate up to that FD. They have a grandeur, majesty, and also abandon in their presentation that none of the other world-level teams have at this point. And here I actually like their costuming. It's not restrained or well-modulated fashion a la Virtue and Moir but there's a wildness and certain elegance to it that matches the style of music that they're skating to.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them. :agree:

Well, hope springs eternal. But if they are in such poor training shape this late in the season, I don't see how they can be in top competitive shape for Euros which is only weeks away and Olympics is only a few weeks after that. Linichuk is good but not that good.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It seems like Russia always has strong young girls; it just never translates into strong mature skaters (since Irina, that is).

I agree. I feel like a lot of Russians have a naturally stocky build but are very short and thin as children so are able to do all the tricks, then they get taller and heavier and most of them lose the really difficult jumps.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Regards the Great Evgeni Plushenko, I copy & paste what I posted over in the thread exclusively devoted to him:

What a wonderful way to end the day! Gone all day for last minute after Christmas Sales/Specials, then I come home to anxiously check how Zhenya did, only to find out not only did he win, but he won in spectactular fashion with deservedly high marks from his country, whom appreciate his rarity, longevity, and passion for the sport!:clap:

And to think its been only like two weeks since he sustained his injury, and to come out & skate clean in both portions of the competition, with quads & 3axels to boot, that's unheard of, remarkable. Seriously, is there anyone that can do what he just did!?! With so many injuries & operations, yet he just keeps on, like the Energizer Bunny commercial.:biggrin: Heck, even Brian Joubert was unable to skate at his Nationals due to his foot injury, and though Stephane Lambiel did manage to skate at his country's Nationals, even he was unable to skate as well as Evgeni did.

I just have to take my hat off to all three men, they truly do represent the ideal of the Olympic Games. And I hope all the young ones out there are paying attention, this is a special moment in history, one that they can share with loved ones decades from now, how they were able to skate with the very best of the best. Worthy role models, something to admire & emulate.

That said, I see Zhenya only getting stronger & stronger, if this competition is to go by. Two weeks from injury, undertrained due to said injury, yet he comes out & still manages to land quads & triple axels, and to win! Oh my, if he could do that in only two weeks, I can't imagine what he can do in TWO MONTHS!:love:

:party::party::party2::party2:GOOOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!:party2::party2::party::party:

ps: Congrats to Yuko & her partner, only she has arms that come close to Oksana Baiul, but neither has yet attained the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJGhQYex-E

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
B/S (19/20yrs) are younger than R/S(24/26yrs) and both the teams were received very well at grand prix events they did this year. Russian fed would very likely want a younger team to get some olympic experience. this result will allow them to send R/S to the worlds (D/S would very likely not compete) and try to keep the 3spots for the next world championships.

That makes sense. I like both teams, but I think it's such a pity that R/S won't go to the olympics. I really like their FD this year, and I doubt they'd stay around for another cycle.

dancemaster

On the Ice
Is it possible that D&S will choose not to compete at Euros? Perhaps B&S and R&S then may skateoff on the international stage. (My preferred sequence of events :) Save Max's knee as much as possible and improve programs! )
yes there is a good chance D/S will ship Euros......:agree: