Thread: French Nationals Dec. 18-20

Hybrid View

French Nationals Dec. 18-20

French Nationals will be held this weekend in Marseilles.

Brian Joubert will make a decision regarding his participation at the last moment. DelSchoes are definitely not competing but may take part in the gala. I have read that Pechalat/Bourzat may be out as well, but that there hasn't been official confirmation of this. Candice Didier failed to qualify for Nats and is the first alternate. The poor girl, she's had awful luck in 2009.

ETA: Brian has made his decision; he will not compete this weekend.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 12-16-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Custom Title
    I think it's a good decision for Brian not to compete; he just had surgery! How did Candice Didier fail to qualify? She had awful luck at 2009 Worlds! That was some early-warm-up-group-excitement when she fell and hit her head!

On the Ice
    What does it mean when they say next to the name "WR 1," "WR 2," etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I think it's a good decision for Brian not to compete; he just had surgery! How did Candice Didier fail to qualify? She had awful luck at 2009 Worlds!
    I think it's an excellent decision for Brian to skip this event. I don't understand why it was even considered.

Re Candice Didier, I read on FSU that she was injured a few months ago and only did one event, where she totally bombed. Because invites to Nats are based on scoring during this season, she can't go - even though she's the defending champion!

Custom Title
    Very sad.. Was it Nebelhorn that she bombed at? So she can't go to the Olympics? Does France even have an Oly spot in Ladies?

Rinkside
    I don't think that France has got an Olympic spot in the ladies event - as far as I remember, they have two in the mens, two in the dance & one in the pairs.

France will not have a lady at the Olympics. Gwendolyn Didier took Candice's place at Nebelhorn a few months ago when the latter was injured, but she did not place high enough to earn a spot. France might be listed as having an alternate - I can't recall - but not a highly placed one. Sheena is correct about the other disciplines, so basically pairs is a big battle and there are three French guys competing for one spot (Joubert does not have to qualify).

Candice Didier skated at the Coupe de Nice, and scored beneath 100 in both segments combined .