Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: French Nationals Dec. 18-20

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    In fact, Florent will go to the Olys and Worlds. The other two will go to Euros.
    Now even if Ponsero ends up winning a medal t the europeans, the french will have to sent Amodio because he didn't get an opportunity to compete at europeans and result from the event cannot be compared.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    This is sad... All four men deserve to be there.

In fact, Florent will go to the Olys and Worlds. The other two will go to Euros.
    I suppose this is the best way for the federation to ensure that all three deserving skaters get a chance to go to an international competition.

Medalist
    Is this already confirmed? There is an ongoing rumor, but the list was not posted yet as far as I know.

Custom Title
    The whole team for Europeans has been posted yes.

HOMMES :

Brian JOUBERT (Club France)

Yannick PONSERO (Annecy SG)

Alban PREAUBERT (CS Charleville-Mézières)

Remplaçant: Chafik BESSEGHIER (Grenoble Métropole PAT)

DANSE SUR GLACE

Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER (CSG Lyon)

Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (Castres Club Patinage)

Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES (CSG Lyon)

Remplaçants: Zoé BLANC / Pierre Loup BOUQUET (CS Villard de Lans Patinage)

COUPLES :

Vanessa JAMES / Yannick BONHEUR (Français Volants)

Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA (CSG Champigny)

Custom Title
    It's weird hat Amodio's not even alternate... I mean; Ponsero will be alternate for the Olys,right?

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    I suppose this is the best way for the federation to ensure that all three deserving skaters get a chance to go to an international competition.
    But if they wanted to do that - why not send Amodio, Ponsero and Préaubert to Euros? And leave Brian, who had a rather serious injury, at home?

It just makes no sense. It would be Amodio's first big ISU championship, he needs the experience!

And what do they do if Ponsero hits one out of the park, as in: wins the title or the silver? And really lands the Lutz, the Quads, the Triple Axels? It would be strange to leave Ponsero at home then for the Olympics.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Happy for Florent. He's earned it all. It wouldn't hurt to send him to a big int competition prior to olys, since he doesn't have a lot of experience, but maybe 3 events in a row is too much for the boy.

I expect another poor showing from Yannick at Euros. And reg Alban: no matter how he skates, it won't affect his (low) pcs.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    I expect another poor showing from Yannick at Euros.
    It really saddens me how often he tends to lose his centre of axis in the air on his jumps. That straight air position often tends to elude him, which leads to disaster, unfortunately.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    It really saddens me how often he tends to lose his centre of axis in the air on his jumps.
    The same is often true for Alban (must be something in the manner the French teach jumps), but he saves those jumps. You'd think 'he'll fall for sure this time!', but then impossible happens and he lands the jump.

Custom Title
    I've just seen the free skate from Chafik Besseghier. How about that quad !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana View Post
    Is this already confirmed? There is an ongoing rumor, but the list was not posted yet as far as I know.

The communique is on the French federation website. I sort of agree with the decision, Amodio has a lot on his plate anyway, and Preubert can do well at the Euros. And if Ponsero wins a medal at Euros (let's pryy for that), he can certainly redeem himself at Worlds later on and prove once and for all he is no fluke. So far, I have not seen a consistent showing from him internationally, let's put it that way.

Medalist
    I was asking if it's confirmed that Amodio gets second spot for Olympics. On French federation website is still only communique about the nomination for Europeans.

Custom Title
    I guess not Ivana but it seems as if it's a deal.

Custom Title
    Well, I'm joining the party rather late (all work and no play ... )

I didn't see any official announcement about it. Did I miss anything?
    I can't explain the selection except to credit DG with his usual stirring of the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    But if they wanted to do that - why not send Amodio, Ponsero and Préaubert to Euros? And leave Brian, who had a rather serious injury, at home?

It just makes no sense. It would be Amodio's first big ISU championship, he needs the experience!

And what do they do if Ponsero hits one out of the park, as in: wins the title or the silver? And really lands the Lutz, the Quads, the Triple Axels? It would be strange to leave Ponsero at home then for the Olympics.
    I agree it doesn't make sense to not to send Florent to the euros as he needs more international experience. I'm trying to find a slight rationalization ... but nothing.
    I also agree about Ponsero – if he hits the European jackpot, all hell will break loose in the French men field.

As for Brian. He wants to go to the euros and they want to give him what he wants no matter what. That being said, one cannot predict what will happen as mental state and over thinking is huge with Brian. If he faces Plush at the olys it might put a bit too much pressure on him – he need to see how they stand in comparison thru the eyes of the same judges panel. OTAH, if it won’t nail it, it might hurt his confidence.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast