French Nationals Dec. 18-20 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

French Nationals Dec. 18-20

Mehdi

On the Ice
In fact, Florent will go to the Olys and Worlds. The other two will go to Euros.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In fact, Florent will go to the Olys and Worlds. The other two will go to Euros.

So sad . . . didn't Yannick say that he would retire after this season? Not qualifying for the Olympics and Worlds almost certainly makes that statement a reality now. :frown::cry: If the end really is near for Ponsero, I'm truly gonna miss him! I really hope I'll see him skating again in some capacity.

life684

Final Flight

Now even if Ponsero ends up winning a medal t the europeans, the french will have to sent Amodio because he didn't get an opportunity to compete at europeans and result from the event cannot be compared.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight

I suppose this is the best way for the federation to ensure that all three deserving skaters get a chance to go to an international competition.

Mehdi

On the Ice
The whole team for Europeans has been posted yes.

HOMMES :

Brian JOUBERT (Club France)

Yannick PONSERO (Annecy SG)

Alban PREAUBERT (CS Charleville-Mézières)

Remplaçant: Chafik BESSEGHIER (Grenoble Métropole PAT)

DANSE SUR GLACE

Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER (CSG Lyon)

Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (Castres Club Patinage)

Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES (CSG Lyon)

Remplaçants: Zoé BLANC / Pierre Loup BOUQUET (CS Villard de Lans Patinage)

COUPLES :

Vanessa JAMES / Yannick BONHEUR (Français Volants)

Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA (CSG Champigny)

Trewyn

Medalist
It's weird hat Amodio's not even alternate... I mean; Ponsero will be alternate for the Olys,right?

Medusa

Record Breaker
I suppose this is the best way for the federation to ensure that all three deserving skaters get a chance to go to an international competition.
But if they wanted to do that - why not send Amodio, Ponsero and Préaubert to Euros? And leave Brian, who had a rather serious injury, at home?

It just makes no sense. It would be Amodio's first big ISU championship, he needs the experience!

And what do they do if Ponsero hits one out of the park, as in: wins the title or the silver? And really lands the Lutz, the Quads, the Triple Axels? It would be strange to leave Ponsero at home then for the Olympics.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker

Happy for Florent. He's earned it all. It wouldn't hurt to send him to a big int competition prior to olys, since he doesn't have a lot of experience, but maybe 3 events in a row is too much for the boy.

I expect another poor showing from Yannick at Euros. And reg Alban: no matter how he skates, it won't affect his (low) pcs.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I expect another poor showing from Yannick at Euros.

It really saddens me how often he tends to lose his centre of axis in the air on his jumps. That straight air position often tends to elude him, which leads to disaster, unfortunately. :frown:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
It really saddens me how often he tends to lose his centre of axis in the air on his jumps.

The same is often true for Alban (must be something in the manner the French teach jumps), but he saves those jumps. You'd think 'he'll fall for sure this time!', but then impossible happens and he lands the jump.

herios

Medalist
Is this already confirmed? There is an ongoing rumor, but the list was not posted yet as far as I know.

The communique is on the French federation website. I sort of agree with the decision, Amodio has a lot on his plate anyway, and Preubert can do well at the Euros. And if Ponsero wins a medal at Euros (let's pryy for that), he can certainly redeem himself at Worlds later on and prove once and for all he is no fluke. So far, I have not seen a consistent showing from him internationally, let's put it that way.

Ivana

On the Ice
I was asking if it's confirmed that Amodio gets second spot for Olympics. :) On French federation website is still only communique about the nomination for Europeans.

Danale

On the Ice
Well, I'm joining the party rather late (all work and no play ... :p)

I didn't see any official announcement about it. Did I miss anything?
I can't explain the selection except to credit DG with his usual stirring of the pot.

But if they wanted to do that - why not send Amodio, Ponsero and Préaubert to Euros? And leave Brian, who had a rather serious injury, at home?

It just makes no sense. It would be Amodio's first big ISU championship, he needs the experience!

And what do they do if Ponsero hits one out of the park, as in: wins the title or the silver? And really lands the Lutz, the Quads, the Triple Axels? It would be strange to leave Ponsero at home then for the Olympics.
I agree it doesn't make sense to not to send Florent to the euros as he needs more international experience. I'm trying to find a slight rationalization ... but nothing.
I also agree about Ponsero – if he hits the European jackpot, all hell will break loose in the French men field.

As for Brian. He wants to go to the euros and they want to give him what he wants no matter what. That being said, one cannot predict what will happen as mental state and over thinking is huge with Brian. If he faces Plush at the olys it might put a bit too much pressure on him – he need to see how they stand in comparison thru the eyes of the same judges panel. OTAH, if it won’t nail it, it might hurt his confidence.