Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: French Nationals Dec. 18-20

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    On the French site www.lequipe.fr they say the federation will decide on Tuesday who to send to the olympics, if I understand that right. I am so sad that Yannick Ponsero didn't win. He can do the quad beautifully, I know it! I just returnend from our German nationals, our men are so not up to competing among great skaters like the French. They should have more than 2 olympic spots.

Hope they will make the final decision on Olympics after the European championships, by this way Ponsero may still have a chance to picked as the second French entrant at the games.

Who the federation decides to send depends on their aim:

Ponsero:
    Sending Ponsero will mean that the federation will want to take a gamble to "play all for all" as we say in French. Ponsero is the one who is able to place the highest, yet we all know how fragile he is.

Préaubert:
    If they send Préaubert (although his chances look slim) it'll mean that they want to assure a minimal score at the Olys as Alban is quite stable.

Amodio:
    If the federation sends Amodio, it means they want to prepare the futur as Florent has a HUGE potential. They'll want to send a possible futur champion there as a warm-up, to discover what the olympics are.

I think it's hard to tell who deserves to go as they all do, so it's better to think in terms of strategy.

Custom Title
    Excellent analysis, Natacha!

http://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/breves2009...-aux-jeux.html

Florent is almost certain to go. The national technical chief said at the end of the article that althought he official decision will be taken Tueasday, normally Florent and Brian are the two going.

Custom Title
    Sorry for Yannick and Alban, but I'm very happy for Florent, he's currently my favorite French guy, this proved again that his victory at the French Masters is no a fluke.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Sorry for Yannick and Alban, but I'm very happy for Florent, he's currently my favorite French guy, this proved again that his victory at the French Masters is no a fluke.

I am sorry for Yannick, but he is now paying the price for his subpar showing in LA. How many chances he needs after all?
    Alban needs to up his technical ante because when all things equal, he comes short artistically, he is just not a graceful skater. And even he lands those landings, they are not smooth, rather rough, so he is not getting GOE bonuses either.

Custom Title
    Im so sad for Ponsero.. but he has only himself to blame for underperformind so badly during his whole career.

Im sad for BlancBouquet too. They may be mediocre dancers but their OD this season is fun and the Roisin Murphy FD is totally voidy cool, while the new pairing of Carron/Jones has been totally generic and blah for me. Will Jost split once again with his new partner after these dissapointing results??

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Same here. Fllorent's skating is a joy to watch. I can't wait to see him at the olympics.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I really like Florent, but I'm sad for Alban. He just really endeared himself to me when he said that quote about "I know I'll never win anything big." He's such a fun skater and I loved both of his programs. I selfishly hope Brian will bypass Euros so I can see Alban again.

Custom Title
    Here is Amodio's entire LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iURliixwEyg

Custom Title

Thumbs down

Amodio out of the French team at Europeans !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    Amodio out of the French team at Europeans !!
    Where did you read that? Is there a reason?

Custom Title
    In fact, Florent will go to the Olys and Worlds. The other two will go to Euros.
    Last edited by Mehdi; 12-22-2009 at 05:57 AM.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    In fact, Florent will go to the Olys and Worlds. The other two will go to Euros.
    So sad . . . didn't Yannick say that he would retire after this season? Not qualifying for the Olympics and Worlds almost certainly makes that statement a reality now. If the end really is near for Ponsero, I'm truly gonna miss him! I really hope I'll see him skating again in some capacity.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast