Which Canadian would you like to light the Flame? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which Canadian would you like to light the Flame?

N

n_halifax

She would be an excellent choice - I have to agree with you on that - but partial or not, I'm still rooting for the unlikely choice of Liz. :)

BigJohn

On the Ice
I'd go with either Cindy Klassen or Clara Hughes. One to light the flame, the other to be flag bearer.

As Canada's most accomplished olympian, Klassen would (I hope) galvanize the Canadian team.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Red Green! LOL How about Rick Mercer? LOL (j/k)

I think Elvis hasn't carried it because he lives in Mexico now. Kurt, Liz, Brian, Tracy, etc., all still live in Canada for the most part.

I have heard Betty Fox from several different media sources so, if I was a betting woman, my money would be on her.

Here's my dream scenario: Donovan Bailey sprints it into the stadium and hands it to Jamie & David, Jamie and David skate it around an ice rink in the middle, then pass it off Mrs. Fox.

I don't want to see our currrent Olympians do it. It's too much excitement and focus on them. Reminds me of the "curse of the flagbearer" business (speaking of which, who will that be? I'd prefer Clara for that.)

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I haven't got a clue as to who will light the flame, but I agree with posters above that S/P will probably be one of the final torchbearers; maybe even inside of the stadium. That would be very nice to see. :)

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Well, we now know Clara will be the flagbearer so that lets her out of the running for sure. She's an awesome Canadian sportswoman & I'm glad they chose her to be our flagbearer :)