Thread: TV Alert - On Now !!!! Improv Ice

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

TV Alert - On Now !!!! Improv Ice

Started 3 pm CST.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I am dissiponted that they are not showing Sasha's SP that she skated at that event, only the improved programs. She looked a little like a fish out of water with the Taylor Swift song (finally we found her weakness) but held her own. I felt so embarassed for Nancy Kerrigan, she looks really out of shape, but Buttle was excellent as always!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    (finally we found her weakness) but held her own.
    I guess I missed it, what was it???

Custom Title
    I got to see a bit of it. A friend was over, and when Browning came on, I made her watch. She agreed that the guy seems to be able to defy gravity. And this was improvised in the space of an hour? Awesome.

Kerrigan obvously hasn't kept her skills up, but she still has that graceful flow across the ice. I always enjoyed her skating. There's also something refreshing about watching a person-sized skater rather than a sprite with 2 percent body fat.

I missed part of Sasha's routine--enjoyed what I saw but detect no evidence of Olympic-level jumping ability. Is this all we get to see of her before Nationals?

And, of course, Buttle was delightful.

Custom Title
    I watched this!

Of course the Goo Goo Dolls were terrific, as always, especially John Rzeznik. And I'm so happy that they like skating, as they also performed at the 2002 Winter Olympics in SLC.

All the skaters did a good job. Joannie Rochette looked buff & ready to kick a**, as usual, lol. And Nancy Kerrigan looked great for being 40 yrs. old with a one yr. old baby at home. Evan Lysacek skated with confidence & like a champ.

That said, two skaters stood out to me ~ Shae Lynne Bourne & Sasha Cohen ~ Shae Lynne just has an infectious effervescent personality, and it showed! She sure caught John Rzeznik's eye, lol. And Sasha Cohen skated beautifully to my favorite Goo Goo Dolls song Iris, complete with phenomenal Russian Split Jump & her perfect trademark I Spin...

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Yeah, Shae Lynne Bourne was adorable. I find it hard to believe that the song choices were random though, what other girl there could have pulled off "Cowboy Cassanova" and would they have given Browning anything other than the song he got? I Joannie's first program. That was one of the best choreographed ones of the night, hands down not to mention she looked amazing.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Shae Lynne just has an infectious effervescent personality, and it showed!
    Such a flirt

Anyway, this was back in October.

Custom Title

Anyone know who won the improv on ice?

I tried NBC.com but couldn't find out who won. I feel Jeff Buttle was outstanding.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am dissiponted that they are not showing Sasha's SP that she skated at that event, only the improved programs. She looked a little like a fish out of water with the Taylor Swift song (finally we found her weakness) but held her own. I felt so embarassed for Nancy Kerrigan, she looks really out of shape, but Buttle was excellent as always!
    Did Sasha skate her SP here? I thought it was an improv format. I think I read a post that she used parts of her SP for one of the performances she had to make up.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    I tried NBC.com but couldn't find out who won. I feel Jeff Buttle was outstanding.
    I went to the NBC Olympics site the other day and it was on the front page. They said they'd reveal the winner during the New Year's Day skating special. Voting is live now.

Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    Did Sasha skate her SP here? I thought it was an improv format. I think I read a post that she used parts of her SP for one of the performances she had to make up.
    The event where she skated the SP was Skate From the Heart which airs at the end of January. Even though it was the first show to take place, it seems to be the last one to air!