Tugba Karademir's Parents Unable to Attend Olympics... | Golden Skate

Tugba Karademir's Parents Unable to Attend Olympics...

DesertRoad

Final Flight
You're assuming a foreign Olympic Committee has any sway here. They don't. The rows and rows of reserved seats left are reserved for the vips of corporate sponsors, and half of them won't even show up for the actual event. Maybe Tugba's parents can sign up to be seat-fillers.

jcoates

Medalist
A better idea would be for the corporate sponsors to actually sponsor families of athletes who can't secure tickets rather than hoard seats away for fat cats who won't show up. That would be great PR for the companies, assure more full arenas and actually be in keeping with the spirit of the games.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't know who Tugba Karademir is but the really sad thing is even Karen Magnussen can't get a ticket to attend the Olympics.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I don't know who Tugba Karademir is but the really sad thing is even Karen Magnussen can't get a ticket to attend the Olympics.
You really don't know who she is? With no smiley it's hard to tell... Just in case, Tugba is a Turkish figure skater and was her country's flagbearer in the opening ceremony at the 2006 Olympics. Considering the sacrifices her family has made for her career, I think they deserve to see her skate in the Olympics and I hope a solution will be found.

I'm surprised there aren't any formal arrangements in place to ensure that the families of Olympians can see them compete.

ETA: Tugba's parents will be able to attend! An unnamed corporate benefactor has offered them tickets to the SP and the LP. :clap:

Last edited:

sk8rdad

On the Ice
Considering the huge financial sacrifices we parents make for our kids to do this sport I would think every federation out there should provide at minimum two tickets to the athletes event.

tuggy-fan

Rinkside
ETA: Tugba's parents will be able to attend! An unnamed corporate benefactor has offered them tickets to the SP and the LP. :clap:

really?? oh,it is so good... where did you get this info?

edit:she wrote on her blog,sorry :)

Last edited:
Yay, Tugba! I'm so glad her parents can watch her. I'm glad we get to watch her--well, I hope we'll get that chance! (There's always YouTube.) She still trains in Canada, right? So I'm sure she'll get a great audience reaction as she skates on her adopted home turf.

Wicked

Final Flight

They must have read Jcoates' post! Never underestimate the influence of these forums. ;)

Mafke

Medalist

You've got to be kidding..... (but I'm afraid you're probably not).

If this _is_ true, it's just reason #47 "why I hate the olympics"