Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: So Youn Park

So Youn Park

What a joy to watch!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzPxN68vrU

This is her Paganini free skate from worlds.Watch the great lutz! :-)
    Koreas future in women skating for sure.

Her Wikipedia

Here are some other skates, for the people who never heard of her bevor.

SP at worlds great 3-3
    Her FS from korean nationals last year. She came in second right after Yuna.
    Her SP from junior GP Istanbul. Good hight on salchow

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    She is elegant, good jump techniques, a joy to watch. If she develops well she can do big things. But there is one thing... I don't know how to say it, but I feel like she hasn't gotten a distinctive character yet. At the moment she is Yuna-like. There is nothing bad about that, but I hope she will be more of a character for herself.

she is great, since korean nationals I loved her. She is so delicated in her skating

Custom Title
    I love the serenity and security in her skating. The British Eurosport commentators noted her strong jumping technique; all her jumps are so clean. Has great potential to medal at Pyeongchang.

Custom Title
    Watched her performance in Saitami, and she looked junior-ish. One thing: I am now convinced that there must be the world's best jumping coach in Korea. I've always wondered where the heck Yuna learned all those correct techniques, when Korea had next to no presence in the skating world. Looking at So Youn, now I think there has got to be someone in Korea who knows how to teach jumps. So Youn's jumps are not Yuna's quality but the techniques are textbook.

This mystery coach should get a huge credit. I've seen so many women skaters trying to fix, with mixed results, incorrect jumping techniques acquired young. Korean skaters are blessed to have this coach.

Happy Holidays to you! sunny_stars's Avatar
    ^ I was going to say the same thing! Who is this mystery jumping coach? Is she/he working with the other baby korean skaters? Like for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-mDkEEjVk Now my other question is: does the coach know how to teach the right techniques of a textbook triple axel as well? Yu-Na's double axels are pretty awesome but I wonder if the coach could've helped her more......

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    ^ I was going to say the same thing! Who is this mystery jumping coach? Is she/he working with the other baby korean skaters? Like for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-mDkEEjVk Now my other question is: does the coach know how to teach the right techniques of a textbook triple axel as well? Yu-Na's double axels are pretty awesome but I wonder if the coach could've helped her more......
    That kid is adorable! And wow, that he has a 2A-3T and 3Z!

I believe that Korea's issue was never technique but rather a lack of ice time.

Anyway count me impressed with So Youn. I disagree with some who think she is juniorish. I actually think she has a sense of maturity in her skating and I like that she doesn't rush in and out of her moves.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    That kid is adorable! And wow, that he has a 2A-3T and 3Z!
    He's Cha Jun Hwan, 12, apparently he's originally a cf model? he was on yuna's show kiss and cry. there was a blog post about him, along with a clip of him in a commercial. cute kid.
    http://blog.naver.com/kikirujoa?Redi...No=40130622858

She is my new favorite! She definitely needs to improve on certain areas, but I really was amazed by her skate at Worlds 2014. Her layout was very similar to Akiko's National skating, and I must say, if Akiko received 144 (even though it's nationals), it wouldn't be too long until we see another Korean skater scoring 130+ or even 140+!

Custom Title
    Can someone, link SoYoun's almost clean LP this season before she changed music at the olympic selection comp. and Her almost clean Swan SP from some national comp? I watched them elsewhere. absolutely love them. cannot find them anymore. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Can someone, link SoYoun's almost clean LP this season before she changed music at the olympic selection comp. and Her almost clean Swan SP from some national comp? I watched them elsewhere. absolutely love them. cannot find them anymore. Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U-t...NcR7_zVKCfOM3Q -- FS (in HD!)

I agree it was a lovely program!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1w0nO5rP2c this is from her SP from Nationals, I think this is the one you're thinking of.

Custom Title
    Don't hate me for saying this but IMO if she wants to do 3F-3T or 3Lz-3T, she needs to 1) lose weight, or 2) need some serious power training for leg muscles. Her chest is kinda big for her height and she needs lots of speed to land any kind of combo as it is. Compare her combos with, say, Yulia's. Yulia with no flow and mule kicks can eek out 3T combos because she is so small and her chest doesn't get in the way of rotation. I definitely prefer Park's textbook style (who knows what will happen to Yulia in the next few years), but nevertheless Park's 2nd/3rd jumps in combos are tiny because that chest puts quite a bit more stress on her legs when landing.

Example:

Check out her 2nd Lutz combo (3Lz-2T-2Lo) in realtime -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...PxN68vrU#t=169
    Slo-mo -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...PxN68vrU#t=340

Her TES was fine in WC 2014 and may even be enough in 2018 if Korea does Sochi , but 3-3 has become a staple of top flight contenders and she will need one other than 3T-3T.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post

Holy Crap ...one of the best surprises for me at 2014 WC's was watching someone I wasn't that familiar with go out and lay it down.

Couldn't agree more...She was indeed one of the most beautiful surprises at this Worlds. I saw her in Sochi also,but at that time I wasn't able to have a clear opinion about her But now I know exactly that I'll watch her more carefully . And I also believe she could medal at the 2018 Olympics

And of course,she is very beautiful and surly doesn't need to lose weight

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I don't know how much weight affect women on their jumps. But if we talk about the jumps, then men should be heavier than women, right? If that is the case then she doesn't need to lose weight. I heard some girls have to put on weight so they can jump better.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast