Page 5 of 197 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2955

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Actually there is no difference in the base technical point potential as far as the jumps are concerned between 007 and Danse Macabre program.

    Danse Macabre jump sequence:

    3F/3T = 9.5
    3L = 6.0
    2A = 3.5

    Total = 19.0

    Bond Medley jump sequence:

    3L/3T = 10.0
    3F = 5.5
    2A = 3.5

    Total = 19.0
    While the point total is the same, the 3lz-3t is more difficult than the 3f-3t as indicated by the point difference. I still prefer her 3f-3t but the fact that 3lz-3t is so incredibly hard and she can pull it off so well is very impressive. Plus now Yuna has successfully done three different kinds of 3-3s in her programs over the years: 3t-3t, 3f-3t, 3lz-3t. Most ladies can't even do a 3-3, and the ones that can usually always do the same one. Not Yuna, and all the 3-3s she can do get huge GOEs and are (almost ) never UR. Wow, I love this girl!

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    oh my god!!! Please tell them to get a life that doesn't revolve around yu-na!

    I'm serious. Not only for their sake, but for her sake as well.
    ita!

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by adoreyuna View Post

    We need to remember that " Figure skating is everything. It is not just about the JUMPS. You remember the programs, not the elements." from Jeffrey Buttle. I'd like to recommend this article to somebody.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...oly&id=4771027

  4. #64
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    69
    < Top 10 Things To Look For In The 2010 Winter Olympics >


    Kim Yu-Na
    The South Korean figure skater is the undeniable favorite for gold in 2010.
    Her signature triple-triple exhibits an intense athleticism coupled with a grace that brings audiences to their feet. At Skate America in Lake Placid, NY she broke the scoring record for short program, earning a 76.28. ........

    http://auctionmediapress.com/2010-wi...inter-olympics




    < Sports figures to watch in 2010 >



    Yu-Na Kim

    You know these names: Sonja Henie, Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill, Katarina Witt, Kristi Yamaguchi, Tara Lipinski and Sarah Hughes. They are all darlings of the Winter Olympics after gold medals in women's figure skating. The next name to be added to the list could be Yu-Na Kim. .......

    http://www.tampabay.com/sports/sport...n-2010/1062590





    <Top 10 world athletes of 2009>



    7. Kim Yu-na (female, South Korea) The 19-year-old figure skater collected five major titles in 2009, including the World Championship, the Four Continents Championship and the Grand Prix Finals. .............

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...12728163_6.htm







    <ISU President Pushes for Top Skater>



    International Skating Union president Ottavio Cinquanta is asking the world’s top figure skater to compete in the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships next month, just 12 days prior to the Winter Olympics.


    http://www.aroundtherings.com/articl....aspx?id=33987

  5. #65
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,031
    http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...ate-in-th.html

    Phil Hersh's blog regarding Speedy's request for YuNa to skate at the 4CC.
    Pretty interesting.

  6. #66
    Custom Title Phoenix347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...ate-in-th.html

    Phil Hersh's blog regarding Speedy's request for YuNa to skate at the 4CC.
    Pretty interesting.
    Thanks for the link to the blog posting. Wow, this is much more complicated than I had thought. So, speedy is really putting quite a bit of pressure on KSU. Also, this is the first source that said the same technical caller from the GPF will be working the Olympics at Vancouver. There's a quite a bit of backstage intrigue that I didn't realize with the implications with bid for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Very interesting...

  7. #67
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Sigh. I don't like the sound of this. I hope there are no deals between Japanese skating federation and ISU because if for some reason Kim doesn't win, and a Japanese skater wins, there will be talk of conspiracy for years to come. It's unfortunate to all these wonderful skaters who are not at fault.

  8. #68
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Sigh. I don't like the sound of this. I hope there are no deals between Japanese skating federation and ISU because if for some reason Kim doesn't win, and a Japanese skater wins, there will be talk of conspiracy for years to come. It's unfortunate to all these wonderful skaters who are not at fault.
    ITA. But I don't believe everything Phil Hersh says either.

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    289
    So, it seems the whole issue about that particular tech specialist being biased about the questionable DG might not be overblown at all, since she will again appear in the Olympics. If anything, Hersh's column will at least help in a sense there will outside scrutiny over possibly skewed results. Poor Yuna and Brian facing so many pressures. How can ISU sanction a skater who opts out of a competition because it's an Olympic year? In fact, there's talk of skaters not attending Words after the Olympics.

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    So, it seems the whole issue about that particular tech specialist being biased about the questionable DG might not be overblown at all, since she will again appear in the Olympics. If anything, Hersh's column will at least help in a sense there will outside scrutiny over possibly skewed results. Poor Yuna and Brian facing so many pressures. How can ISU sanction a skater who opts out of a competition because it's an Olympic year? In fact, there's talk of skaters not attending Words after the Olympics.
    Was it ever proven this particular tech specialist was biased?

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    ITA. But I don't believe everything Phil Hersh says either.

    It seems to have a lot of factual stuff in the article, like specific dialogue from his phone call to Cinquanta, as well the fact that KSU might face sanction if they can't produce Yuna. Also, there's the fact that the same tech specialist will be used.

  12. #72
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingpunk View Post
    It sounds like the conspiracy is already in place. The question is how much money has already changed hands? What seems highly suspicious to me is that the tech caller from the GPF in JAPAN will be the same caller at the Olympics. There has been plenty of time for that caller to be wined and dined by Japanese skating officials. Moreover, that tech caller has a bit of a history of downgrading Yuna. I'm afraid I have to agree with Miki88. Absent a meltdown by Yuna, a victory by a Japanese skater would have to be scrutinized.
    I think what Phil Hersh's article has done is create this type of paranoia, which isn't fair to any of the skaters, especially the female Japanese skaters.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    It seems to have a lot of factual stuff in the article, like specific dialogue from his phone call to Cinquanta, as well the fact that KSU might face sanction if they can't produce Yuna. Also, there's the fact that the same tech specialist will be used.
    However, who knows if this "specific dialogue" that he is reporting is not being taken out of context? Or if he (Hersh) is not twisting words?

  14. #74
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Was it ever proven this particular tech specialist was biased?
    Are you saying she wasn't? In any case, it's very strange they will recycle the same tech specialist for the Olympics, especially when there was so much controversy over the call.

  15. #75
    Custom Title Phoenix347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    661
    Maybe Yuna will sudden develop a cold just before 4CC. Then Cinquanta will be satisfied and sponsors will be unhappy but quieted. Until they found out she faked it!!

Page 5 of 197 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •