Yuna Kim | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Interesting article! It doesn't make any predictions but states the challenge in a way that serves to heighten tension, at least in me. And after the roller coaster of the men's long program, I now expect just anything, anything at all.

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?3a6f9c7848.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?65e8c02386.jpg

Ido Midori analyzed Yu-Na and three other Japanese skaters.
She said Yu-Na has totally different image from the last season's 007, and Yu-Na is unbelievely in good condition despite her absense for an year.
As the second screenshot indicates, she gave two circles to all the elements of Yu-Na's skating.
Also she pointed out the underrotation of someone's axel jump.

I'm afraid she will get a lot of complaints...

alfoalfo

Rinkside
wow.. i like i like! especially the first pic :)

Latest Practice Report tweet by Universal Sports:

unisports_skate Universal Sports
Kim rock solid on practice- did all her jumps in run-through

^ woot!

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
According to the interview, Peter Oppegard designed Yu-Na's costume and Karen Kwan gave him a lot of idaes. It was made by Jan Longmire who made a lot of Sasha Cohen's costumes.

L

lowtherlore

Another report says Peter Oppegard considered traditional light blue for her Giselle at first, but later followed David Wilson’s opinion that darker palette would better suit the tragic theme of the choreography.

cocomo

Rinkside
According to the interview, Peter Oppegard designed Yu-Na's costume and Karen Kwan gave him a lot of idaes. It was made by Jan Longmire who made a lot of Sasha Cohen's costumes.

Credit goes to Jan Longmire for another beautiful dress, must be an enormous challenge to take an idea from the coaches, choreographer, skater and federation to create a costume that will please everyone involved.

L

lowtherlore

Looks like she has grown a bit lately. I thought she was only slightly taller than Miki, but in the podium pictures Yuna seems considerably taller by more than an inch. And only an inch or so shorter than Carolina who is listed 5'7" (169cm).

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
That is a lovely gesture from Yuna.

Okay, I know it's not even been 24 hours since worlds but any inkling of her plans for next year? Czisny already said yes. I supposed we won't be hearing from Yuna for a while.

Lilith11

On the Ice
That is a lovely gesture from Yuna.

Okay, I know it's not even been 24 hours since worlds but any inkling of her plans for next year? Czisny already said yes. I supposed we won't be hearing from Yuna for a while.

Well one of her answers in a recent Q&A was...

From an interview, thanks to YNKF and Fevers for translating

Q. Many praises from your fans about your new programs. Do you feel sad about the fact that this was the only outing with the programs:
YNK: I feel a bit sad about not giving complete programs, but there will be many chances to show the programs to my fans.

We know that she'll skate Giselle at her ice show but nothing's been said about Arirang.. and I'm pretty sure the second number she'd skate at the ice show will be "Fevers" and she's referring to both programs so maybe she'll continue onto next season w/Arirang as her LP again? :D

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well one of her answers in a recent Q&A was...

From an interview, thanks to YNKF and Fevers for translating

Q. Many praises from your fans about your new programs. Do you feel sad about the fact that this was the only outing with the programs:
YNK: I feel a bit sad about not giving complete programs, but there will be many chances to show the programs to my fans.

We know that she'll skate Giselle at her ice show but nothing's been said about Arirang.. and I'm pretty sure the second number she'd skate at the ice show will be "Fevers" and she's referring to both programs so maybe she'll continue onto next season w/Arirang as her LP again? :D

Thanks! Sounds to me like she's talking about shows and next year still up in the air. She probably hasn't decided yet.