Yuna Kim | Page 133 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

I've got to disagree with this part. Korea is a pretty sophisticated society, when it comes to media and entertainment (just look at the themes and subjects for its movies and TV shows).

And come on, fuggedabout the subtext, the Bond Girl SP had plenty of sexual text :laugh:.

And what about Fever;)

MiRé

Match Penalty
That's interesting.... I really didnt find 007 or fever to have sexual text.... And when i said near sexual, i was thinking something more than (considering 007 and fever is sexual) bond girl and fever. But i guess everyone has a different mind :p

MiRé

Match Penalty
Is there a reason she doesn't do the biellmann in her spins anymore?
Is she injured?

I think it's because she can't do them :slink: .....anymore...
She did say spins were her nemesis these days, and she even told the press that she's not very flexible, so maybe that's why????
I hope she gets her spins back though =P

Krislite

Medalist
Is she injured?

No one knows for sure at this point. She's probably still working on it. It took her a while (and a lot of pain) to learn that spin, and after her break she probably lost it. She said in her recent interviews that her spins were the most difficult to regain during her training. However, she can do a half-Biellmann (it's in her flying camel combo in the SP), which makes me believe she's working on a full Biellmann for Worlds.

spikydurian

Medalist
All the best to Yuna. Looking forward to her return on ice. I am sure by Sochi, she will podium. Not sure about now but to me, anything less than 5th at the forthcoming World is an enormous achievement for someone who was off competition for the last couple of years.

Is she injured?

Welcome, Ellelee!

I don't know for sure why she's not currently doing the Biellmann, but I know she had really bad back problems in 2007 or so. (Someone please correct me if I have the year wrong.) I would imagine that this move is harder on the back than most (or all) other spins, excepting maybe Caroline Zhang's pearl. Biellmann spins bend the back almost like a hairpin. Jumps of course exert a different force on the back, torsion as compared to flexion if I remember the terms correctly, and I remember reading that YuNa stopped training a triple axel because it hurt her so much. I'm sure she'll find other moves that display her fabulous talents. We get to see her this week!

MiRé

Match Penalty
Completely in awe by Yuna's performance today.
She really is a strong women, capable of managing to skate a major event even with 2 years hiatus.
I don't know if there's anyone who can fit in her shoes right now, considering the immense pressure she received from her fans, country, and the fed.
She deserved gold tonight, and hopefully, will deserve gold in Sochi also :biggrin:

sampaguita

Rinkside
That was one emotional skate, Yuna! You deserved perfect 10.0 marks for Interpretation (3 out of 9 judges!). Really good skating skills, really good PCS -- you deserved your marks, you deserved the gold. I haven't seen a ladies' program this good since Vancouver -- I was almost in tears midway through the program.

I hated it in NRW, I hated it in Korean Nationals, but this, THIS is just breathtaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDRtKl_2ajw

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congraulations to Queen Yuna! Her FS gave me chills, loved it! She really is the best in the World when she is on,
and she proved it again in London.

cooper

Medalist
congrats again yuna!!!! wish her the very best next season. hopefully david can come up with 2 new and interesting programs next season!!

parma

On the Ice
Yuna will compete at Grand Prix events in the next season before competing at the Olympics.

venlac

On the Ice
really cute article I found... :)

Gracie Gold skates clean program, in awe of Kim Yu-na
Has Gold asked the Queen for her autograph? "I'm kinda waiting to ask her for a picture," Gold said.
And what does she admire about Kim's skating? "Everything? Does that sound too broad?" she joked. "That smoothness that she has in her skating, that it is just one program. Even if she does stop skating, it's as if the feeling of the program keeps going. Going into every jump you kind of know she's going to hit it and you're just waiting to see it. …. It looks like she trusts herself so much."