Yuna Kim | Page 130 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

cooper

Medalist
yuna's first competition will be on december (ISU's b-event) she confirmed this during the all that skate rehearsal..

How lovely that YuNa inspires fans to give to charity. She's truly a wonderful influence as well as a grand skater.

Louis Vuitton Pays Tribute to Yuna with a Special Skate Trunk

Louis Vuitton has produced a special skating trunk for Yuna in honor of the world's best figure skater and the UNICEF goodwill ambassador. Louis Vuitton informed Yuna of this project last January and it took 9 months to complete this handcrafted design.
Louis Vuitton is planning to produce an additonal trunk with the same design along with Yuna's skating boots and autograph on it and will be donated to a charity auction early next year. All proceeds from the auction will go to UNICEF.

Yuna said she is very honored to be the recipient of such a wonderful trunk designed by Louis Vuitton with a lot of efforts during many months of hard work and she really appreciates Louis Vuitton for supporting UNICEF.

The girl is all about charity! Such an amazing honor for the both parties. The same class recognizes each other:thumbsup:

Last edited:
What a great idea! Don't you yearn for that trunk....

I especially love the multinational aspect of this. It shows that activism knows no borders.

Would you look at the page count for this! YuNa may be the first skater who ends up with a thousand-page thread.

Macassar88

Medalist
Gotta say that, having seen most of the ladies compete, I can't wait for Yuna to come back and slaughter everyone.

^ But could she? Again? While I am super excited and optimistic about her being in Sochi, I think it will take some time to get old Yuna back. So this season would be so interesting in many ways for Yuna.

Macassar88

Medalist
^ But could she? Again? While I am super excited and optimistic about her being in Sochi, I think it will take some time to get old Yuna back. So this season would be so interesting in many ways for Yuna.
I hope she can - she's one of the few skaters who wouldn't receive edge calls, and she almost won worlds in 2011 skating with no motivation, so I don't see why a motivated Yuna couldn't dominate. It might take her a bit, but she will be competing before worlds, and that will be good for her.

spikydurian

Medalist
I agree with you l'etoile. I think Yuna is very pragmatic about her return. The impression I got from her interview regarding her return to competition is that she didn't promise any big expectations which I think is the right way onward. It takes time to get back to form, and she's doing it for her country the second time. I think she will work hard to podium but to expect her to win dominate like in the past may be too high an expectation and hard on her body. I am happy if she podiums even though it may not be gold. Can't wait to see her skate competitively again. Go Yuna go.