Yuna Kim | Page 129 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2012/07/136_115504.html

Love love love this :)

She mentioned on her biography journal (yes available in Chinese now) that the secret to this program involves her facial expression that she described as a 'rotten smile' which consist of 70% smile and 30% intense stare. This makes me laugh. so precise yet totally works! :p

Looking back it is hard to imagine this was a girl who went to the hospital for 3 months every day to get her back back injury sorted. Having acupuncture, painkillers, bandages the whole works. Beside hardly practiced, her stamina were clearly an issue as shown on her Lark Ascending, but this short program performance was really something magical. Yuna mentioned she became so inspired watching the mens just nights before, in particularly Jeff Buttle's short, and Stephane Lambiel's Long , she suddenly couldn't wait to get back on the ice despite everything. Nice inspiration indeed, thanks guys!!

In her biography, she confessed she was not able to completed a full run through for her SP or LP and felt painful and tired even during 6 minutes warm up. Yet something took over the moment the music started and that when she cleaned her first jump, then second, particularly the Lutz, her mood completed changed and it showed up in her performance and then the crowd responded. She was ecstatic and happy by the end of it and couldn't believe it went as well as it did, being their first competition together with Brian Orser especially didn't want to let him down.

A well known Chinese skating critic described the program as the best SP program he has ever seen at the time, because of the well rounded use of the ice coverage in good balance, in particularly positioning of the elements locations, the unusual and thoughtful set up of the transitions, entry and exit of the jumps. It is a very well designed choreographed program. I am curious what the resident experts think of it purely as a choreograph program, a top 10 of all time? I am far from an expert on this, but it does add layers of thought every time i watch this performance and noticed things I haven't before.

By the way, nice to see Yuna bring so much advertisement revenue to Golden Skate.
171 pages, and 345,747 views so far, got to be a record consider she has been absent for a while. Come on Patrick Chan (& SF), you've got alot of catching up to do :laugh:

Last edited:

guanchi

On the Ice
^^^ Love, love, love your comments.:thumbsup:

She took that pain, and ran her blade right across it (beautifully, I might add:biggrin:), letting it bleed and die for that night, and giving herself life again. She looked light, sassy, and effortless, yet we know she worked her butt off just trying to diminish the pain. Pain be damned, you.:cool:

emdee

Final Flight
Would be nice if Patrick would skate his Tango too and they could have the battle of the Tangos!

Krislite

Medalist
Apparently, Yuna has been in Toronto for a few days now. ATS has made no comment so we don't know exactly what she's doing in Canada at the moment. Perhaps working with David Wilson on her new programs, or scouting for a training facility and/or coaches.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Tim Koleto of Colorado Springs has been in Toronto and twitted this pic with Yuna with her hair cut.

The Queen is back!!! @Yunaaaa it was so amazing to meet you and your lovely mother )

Having lunch with @Yunaaaa. No big deal. #jk #imcompletelyfreakingout

This twit is reported in some forums too but I have no source.

KIM YUNA WAS JUST IN MY STORE AND I GOT SO NERVOUS CASHING HER OUT OMG

Maybe to get together with D Wilson about new programs and El Tango de Roxanne program? Anyways it's so refreshing to hear the news that Yuna's outside of Korea! Really means she's seriously competing!

kandidy

Final Flight
Can't wait to see it! Any clips of other skaters in the past skated to these pieces of music before?

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna practicing for the ice show this weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noCGNNRDUI

Jumps seem improved, at least in comparison to her triples earlier this year. We'll get many more videos as she performs her programs this weekend. She'll be skating to Tango de Roxanne, though it looks like she'll be doing just 3Toes and 3Salchows for the jump passes.