Yuna Kim | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Basics

On the Ice
I just lurked from Yuna's forum and they said that she sent an entry for GP series and according to them she will be moving to Toronto for training w/ her new physical trainer, so that indicates hard training according to the news. Hmmmmmmmmm. The plot thickens.

yeah, but she's still not sure about her future plan. I guess she submitted the entry just in case. She said she will decide after flying to Toronto.

aurora100

Final Flight
yeah, but she's still not sure about her future plan. I guess she submitted the entry just in case. She said she will decide after flying to Toronto.

Maybe she is waiting to see how she feels when she steps back on the training ice at the Cricket Club. She would have to feel that competitive fire within when she gets on the ice. That would be a place for me to give me the answers if I were in her shoes. Her body and mind will tell her whether she should train for competitions or for shows. Either way is fine with me as a fan.

sunrock

Rinkside
Yuna will announce her decision on May 31st and there will be a press conference. :yes:
You sure? I read she will have a press conference at the airport but she will NOT have made a decision by then.
She will maker her decision after meeting with David and Brian in Toronto.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Maybe she is waiting to see how she feels when she steps back on the training ice at the Cricket Club. She would have to feel that competitive fire within when she gets on the ice. That would be a place for me to give me the answers if I were in her shoes. Her body and mind will tell her whether she should train for competitions or for shows. Either way is fine with me as a fan.
:clap: Great post! I think every skater should decide whether or not to retire depending how they feel on the ice minus the opinions of coaches, parents, companies or whomever else. Whatever happens, if Yu-Na listens to her heart I know it will be the right decision. :rock:

brownfox

On the Ice
You sure? I read she will have a press conference at the airport but she will NOT have made a decision by then.
She will maker her decision after meeting with David and Brian in Toronto.

Oopps.. the Korean media is crazy. Too many speculations already, there's one article even reported about Yuna's parents indicating she will continue.

As far as I know there will be a press conference before she leaves to Toronto and then in June she will decide whether to continue or not.

alfoalfo

Rinkside
Article: Big Bang and Kim Yuna release The Shouts of Reds Part 2 MV
Video: [M/V] BIGBANG&Queen Yuna「The Shouts of Reds part.2

Yaaaay! It's finally out! Anyone know why Taeyang's wearing a partial animal mask though?

ah tyty for the links!

he's wearing a tiger mask right? if so, i think it's because the tiger is Korea's national animal which is also used as the KFA's official emblem. (thank you wikipedia lol)

but anyone notice wherever Yuna is, Taeyang is always close by? it seems in almost every scene, he's standing/sitting/dancing/hovering next to her lols, quite cute :)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
ah tyty for the links!

he's wearing a tiger mask right? if so, i think it's because the tiger is Korea's national animal which is also used as the KFA's official emblem. (thank you wikipedia lol)

but anyone notice wherever Yuna is, Taeyang is always close by? it seems in almost every scene, he's standing/sitting/dancing/hovering next to her lols, quite cute :)

Ahahah. Because he's a pretty boy and she's a pretty girl. I think they're both compatible in terms of looks. T.O.P would be next in line, IMO.

alfoalfo

Rinkside
Yuna on "Knee Drop Guru"!!

Part 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpVbDWLtYM
Part 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Djva2OFT0
Part 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVYsPNdS-g
Part 4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYdTJEorGKQ
Part 5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlNc3ZrsMU

I forced a few of my Korean friends to watch this with me online and lol I couldnt stop laughing when she was talking about TAT and the story behind Yuna's smirk.
Hopefully accurate subs will be up soon, but IIRC (and according to my friends' translations), Yuna was explaining how coaches of other skaters, or coaches in general try to pysche out opponent skaters (esp. skater's who are about to take the ice) by shouting, cheering and applauding their own skater. And in most cases they "over-do" it. Yuna said she was used to that since its a common occurance especially coming from TAT who she was "very" used to. But after Mao's SP, TAT's applauding and cheering was going on for longer than usual after she noticed Yuna was right there, and so Yuna thought it was quite amusing and was giggling inside but when she turned and made eye contact with Brian, they both gave each other a smirk :p

Yuna also talked about Mao and back then how she was worried that she couldnt keep up with Mao's standards to be deemed worthy to be called her rival. She knew of Mao before they met during their junior years because people around her showed her videos of Mao, telling Yuna that there was this prodigy from Japan.

When Yuna was talking about how thankful she was to her people, ie her coaches, parents, trainers etc, she couldnt stop her tears when she was trying to explain how all those people from different races came together and worked so hard just to fulfil her own dreams.

That's all I can remember for now and I think my friends will disown me if I bug them anymore :)
i can't wait for the subs!

Ahahah. Because he's a pretty boy and she's a pretty girl. I think they're both compatible in terms of looks. T.O.P would be next in line, IMO.

haha, im totally shipping those two!
actually im "totally shipping" Yuna with quite a few others- Mao (my friends and I refer to them as Yunao or Yao lols), P.Chan, Jew Bear and now Taeyang :p

Last edited:

brownfox

On the Ice
Yuna on "Knee Drop Guru"!!

Part 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpVbDWLtYM
Part 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Djva2OFT0
Part 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVYsPNdS-g
Part 4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYdTJEorGKQ
Part 5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlNc3ZrsMU

I forced a few of my Korean friends to watch this with me online and lol I couldnt stop laughing when she was talking about TAT and the story behind Yuna's smirk.
Hopefully accurate subs will be up soon, but IIRC (and according to my friends' translations), Yuna was explaining how coaches of other skaters, or coaches in general try to pysche out opponent skaters (esp. skater's who are about to take the ice) by shouting, cheering and applauding their own skater. And in most cases they "over-do" it. Yuna said she was used to that since its a common occurance especially coming from TAT who she was "very" used to. But after Mao's SP, TAT's applauding and cheering was going on for longer than usual after she noticed Yuna was right there, and so Yuna thought it was quite amusing and was giggling inside but when she turned and made eye contact with Brian, they both gave each other a smirk :p

Yuna also talked about Mao and back then how she was worried that she couldnt keep up with Mao's standards to be deemed worthy to be called her rival. She knew of Mao before they met during their junior years because people around her showed her videos of Mao, telling Yuna that there was this prodigy from Japan.

When Yuna was talking about how thankful she was to her people, ie her coaches, parents, trainers etc, she couldnt stop her tears when she was trying to explain how all those people from different races came together and worked so hard just to fulfil her own dreams.

That's all I can remember for now and I think my friends will disown me if I bug them anymore :)
i can't wait for the subs!

actually im "totally shipping" Yuna with quite a few others- Mao (my friends and I refer to them as Yunao or Yao lols), P.Chan, Jew Bear and now Taeyang :p

Thanks. I know this is only part 1 and there's part 2 next week. It goes to show you how important Yuna is. LOL.

Basics

On the Ice

:love: Thank you so much. I was so waiting for this episode.

:laugh: I already knew this cuz it looked TOO obvious even through the screen.

:cry:

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
actually im "totally shipping" Yuna with quite a few others- Mao ... Taeyang :p

Hahaha. Right? Taeyang and her make a pretty couple. I think her and T.O.P. would make a bad-boy-tamed-by-a-pretty-girl & pretty girl couple. Hahaha. Idk. :)

Lilith11

On the Ice
We know it's off season when we're creating pairings for Yu-na XD But I agree, Taeyang and her would be pretty cute :3 During the "making of's," I noticed that Taeyang kept on hanging around Yu-na and being cute, especially since I've heard Taeyang practically never interacts w/any of his female co-stars and is girl-shy :3