Yuna Kim | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

ks777

Record Breaker
I hope Yuna comes back next season. I was thinking how beautiful her LP music is.. I am hoping she can bring it back as her gala music next season?

Lilith11

On the Ice
I hope Yuna comes back next season. I was thinking how beautiful her LP music is.. I am hoping she can bring it back as her gala music next season?

Agreed. That or keep it as her FD number (though maybe w/some adjustments to the jump layout to raise her BV value) because it really would be a shame to never see it performed to its full potential. It truly could be a masterpiece...

burntBREAD

Medalist
EricRohmer...I detect high levels of sarcasm emanating from this blog post. You just might want to take that into consideration.

Yes. Morozombie is ALL SATIRE/PARODY. None of his posts are meant to be completely serious..I mean he/she made up the Stephane Lambiel videos as mockery. They're supposed to be light-hearted, not REAL.

parma

On the Ice
I enjoyed her LP very much. As for her Giselle SP, I see in the program the vintage Yuna-David trademarks all over the place. David's creative choreography meets Yuna's strong expression and powerful skating. I have watched the program many times now, and I really think it has the potential to be at the same level as or even greater than Danse Macabre if it goes through a couple of more competitive outings. It has this wonderfully dark, moody vibe throughout the program. I am greatly fond of the expressive step sequence, but the part that follows 3F and leads to the step sequence is just exquisite; she literally hits every beat of the music with her moves, a jump (2A), a hop and spins. I wish I can see her compete with that program as her SP at 4CC next year.

Last edited:

figurejennah

On the Ice
Then there is that article linked earlier here above stating otherwise. So can we conclude that this is very much he said she said (well in this case Brian is the only one who 'said' two things- one in the interview and the other (allegedly) in the email).

So I see no point in bringing this up. Essentially I'm bringing this up again :biggrin: so I'll stop here.

Well... like you said Orser is the inconsistent one here though. Just stick with one story. Mao approached/did not approach me. As simple as that. :p

I think you're grasping at straws here. Coaching, I understand, but trying to justify the O/K split on a costume designer? Really?

Orser did say in his email that Mao's agency wanted to inquire the entire team (not just Orser himsef) and wasn't the designer a part of the dream team? C'mon I even posted the Japanese article about that earlier. I guess they are also into this "conspiracy" or they are Yuna fans ;).

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
now, for some wonderful news

UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Yuna Kim donates prize money to Japan quake survivors

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/repkorea_58428.html

“I was heartbroken at the news that still many children in Japan are suffering from the devastating earthquake. So I decided to donate my '2011 World Figure Skating Championships' prize money to UNICEF to support these children,” Ms. Kim said.

“I hope my donation will help Japan recover from the tragedy in a short period of time and affected children can have a better life. I wish many people will continue to support children in Japan, who are still waiting for our help and love.”

evangeline

Record Breaker
Yes. Morozombie is ALL SATIRE/PARODY. None of his posts are meant to be completely serious..I mean he/she made up the Stephane Lambiel videos as mockery. They're supposed to be light-hearted, not REAL.

Out of curiosity, burntBREAD, what Stephane Lambiel videos are you talking about?

figurejennah

On the Ice
I cannot believe the amount of Mao hate in this thread :eek::eek::eek: Could it be Lori Nicol involved in choosing the dress designer since she was the one choreographing the program?

I do not hate mao, and I certainly do not want to upset her fans. She's a distinctively different skater from Yuna, and she's beautiful on her own.
I guess I was just slightly upset to find out that Mao's agency did approach Orser and other dream team members because Yuna was heavily criticized regarding the Orser-Yuna split last year. Orser portrayed Yuna and her mom to be ungrateful people and acted as if he had no idea why they wanted to end the relationship.

http://www.sportscrossfire.com/archives/starkman-skate-rivalry-boils-over-on-and-off-ice-2842

"The fervent nationalism has boiled over to the point where the greatest sin a Japanese figure skating reporter can commit is writing anything slightly favourable about Kim. One veteran Japanese journalist says she’s been bombarded with hate messages from Asada supporters.
Kim has not competed all season and this is her first event since a well-publicized and messy breakup last summer with coach, and Canadian skating icon, Brian Orser. Asada played a bit of a role in that divorce. She’d approached Orser to see if he’d be interested in coaching her if Kim retired from competitive skating, which she was contemplating. Orser let Kim’s people know he had another offer on the table. That he’d even consider working with Asada was apparently viewed as the ultimate betrayal."

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'm sure Mao or her agency never approached Orser. She specifically said she wants to train in Japan. Even when she was with Tarasova, she preferred staying in Japan and training pretty much on her own. Also Mao's agency denied this rumor and I don't understand the need to involve Mao in Brian/Yuna's problem. In fact, I don't understand why Yuna's split with Orser is such a big deal. The reason she decided to leave Orser is her problem, she had every right to do it, it was her choice and it's done. Yuna's fans aren't doing her any favor by implying the reason was Mao's approach. I'm sure the reasons were far more serious than that.

And about the costum designer..All i can say is :confused:?
If having the same dress designer is such a big problem, I suggest that the next competition should have 3 ice rinks, one for Yuna, one for Mao and one for the rest of the ladies. Could you imagine Mao and Yuna sharing the same ice????? Ultimate betrayal !!!

Last edited:

gourry

Final Flight
Sorry to be still out of topic, but it is kind of shocking.
Which exactly was the costume that designed by the said designe? .....Please don't say World's SP costume.... Just can't even imagine THAT THING was made by Gershwin blue dress creator. :eek:

Yuna's ice show starts from tomorrow, right? I really envy everyone who will attend the show!!!! Hope Yuna does another LA show this year as well. In that case I'll do anything to be there!!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
And about the costum designer..All i can say is
If having the same dress designer is such a big problem, I suggest that the next competition should have 3 ice rinks, one for Yuna, one for Mao and one for the rest of the ladies. Could you imagine Mao and Yuna sharing the same ice????? Ultimate betrayal !!!

:laugh::rofl::laugh:

Yuna's ice show starts from tomorrow, right? I really envy everyone who will attend the show!!!! Hope Yuna does another LA show this year as well. In that case I'll do anything to be there!!

I hope her ankle feels better in time for the show! :)

With her busy schedule and all, I hope she can find the time to have an ATSS show in LA too, but I wouldn't blame her for not doing so. After her promotional activities, I really think she needs a nice long break and just go out there and do things she's never done before. :)