Page 102 of 201 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3008

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    Hi all! I'm a new forum member. I'm a long time fan of The Queen : ) As a matter of fact, she's my idol.
    I'd like to share with you a video that I made, it's about a very special side of her wonderful personality.
    I hope you like it!
    The title is:
    "Who is Kim Yu-Na?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Wqta7TUXM
    Welcome to Forum! Thank you for making this nice video clip. You did an excellent job and I do like it It's very informative and inspiring. I came to know more specifically about Yuna. She is really a great role model with angelic & beautiful personality.
    Actually, I watched your work at other forum, and the poster, praising the maker of this clip, said this is "must see" video clip!
    Last edited by csunny7; 10-19-2010 at 09:50 AM.

On the Ice
    from ynkf

latest news from cnn international

Kim Yuna: South Korea's queen of ice

By Susannah Palk for CNN
    October 21, 2010 -- Updated 1013 GMT (1813 HKT)

CNN: You have won all of figure skating's top accolades. What's next?

Kim Yuna: Right now, I'm just focused on the 2011 World Figure Skating Championship that will be held in March in Tokyo. As I have fulfilled my dreams as an athlete through winning the titles at the World Championship, the Olympics as well as other competitions, my goal for the World Championship next year is not only to put on a great performance. I would like to show a different side of me through my new program and to enjoy the program rather than just focus on the result.

CNN: What does a normal day's training involve?

KY: My current training regimen isn't all that different from how I trained prior to the Olympics. For the off-ice training, I do basic strength training and for the on-ice training, I practice jumps, spins, steps and my new long program with my new coach Peter Oppegard. I will work on my new short program with David Wilson, my choreographer from late-October.
    here's the rest of article...

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/as...m.yuna/?hpt=C2

Custom Title
    Yuna interviewed by CNN.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/as...ex.html?hpt=C2

It seems like lycan and I posted the link almost at the same time.

And another news article in Korean, a disappointing news.
    http://news.naver.com/sports/index.n..._id=0002136560

Seould City decided NOT to build an ice rink because of financial problem. Back in July, Yuna asked the Mayor to build a rink for figure skaters and since then the officials searched for the way to realise her wish but it is said that the city cannot afford to do it.

ps Thank you, yunafan1860! Wow, your vid is just great!
    Last edited by sunny0760; 10-21-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Custom Title
    Disappointed with the Rink news after everything Yuna has done for her Country.

Well Yuna, it is time to build your own rink yourself - no different than what you have always done.

If you build it ... they will come!

Custom Title
    Last edited by parma; 10-24-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    Thank you for the links. Yuna looks so beautiful and lovely!
    She is very stylish as well.
    I'm so glad Yuna looks so happier and more comfortable in recent photos.

That said, nowadays I watch Yuna's flawless fantastic programs just to feel the absolute beauty and grace of skating. I can't help it. I miss Queen Yuna on the ice so much. Figure Skating world needs Yuna Kim!
    Last edited by csunny7; 10-25-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Yuna did say that she wanted to try "Spanish" style music back in May, before everyone else also started choosing tango/latin music for SP.

I personally think she will still go for that style - because, simply, no one can do it better.
    Yeah, do you remember the dubut of Yuna's "El Tango de Roxanne" in 2006 SC?
    Not only was it a magical performance but she scored 1st in the entire competition after performing first in the 1st group.. incredible talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6TeOskQFS28

Custom Title
    This is an old video...showing...how great a 15-year old's performance can be...exactly 15 years 4 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI39R...ayer_embedded#

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Yuna did say that she wanted to try "Spanish" style music back in May, before everyone else also started choosing tango/latin music for SP.

I personally think she will still go for that style - because, simply, no one can do it better.
    I think a latin/Spanish type program would be a great fit for Yuna. There are a lot of skaters selecting the genre this season, but if the interpretation is done right, the judges seem to be willing to shower the skater with huge points---the highest scoring programs so far this season seem to be latin/Spanish type programs---e.g., Takahashi’s SP/LP, Kostner’s SP, Abbott’s SP etc.

Tripping on the Podium
    Here's an artistic, beatutiful montage on Yuna !

Lovelee & Giulia's video for Yu-Na

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aWlRJpR5E

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    I think a latin/Spanish type program would be a great fit for Yuna. There are a lot of skaters selecting the genre this season, but if the interpretation is done right, the judges seem to be willing to shower the skater with huge points---the highest scoring programs so far this season seem to be latin/Spanish type programs---e.g., Takahashi’s SP/LP, Kostner’s SP, Abbott’s SP etc.
    yes, i would like to see yu-na do a latin program, but not this year. and please no tangos. I have seen all i can bear and its only been one event so far. and I am a tango aficionado.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    yes, i would like to see yu-na do a latin program, but not this year. and please no tangos. I have seen all i can bear and its only been one event so far. and I am a tango aficionado.
    i really hope so.. i don't have a problem w/ tangos but it will be more interesting for yuna to skate with a different theme.. i read on her forum about the hunchback of notre dame/esmeralda speculation for her sp..

Custom Title
    Yuna, show them how a proper Latin number should be done.

If a bunch of posts mysteriously disappear from this thread (including two of my own), don't anyone go crying to the Feedback folder, OK.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    If a bunch of posts mysteriously disappear from this thread (including two of my own), don't anyone go crying to the Feedback folder, OK.
    I think I got both of yours, MM! You can check whether the rest are gone.

Page 102 of 201 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 ... LastLast