Page 109 of 192 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2876

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

  1. #1621
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,970
    I just hunted up the Galaxy Tab Samsung commercial. It's adorable. She's so telegenic and so comfortable in front of the camera. She could probably sell sand to desert dwellers at this point.

  2. #1622
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    422

  3. #1623
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    914
    Kim Yu-na makes Forbes` `best dressed athletes` list

    Great list.

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/12/07/bes..._slide_16.html

  4. #1624
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Just flew Asiana Airlines a few days ago--Yuna can be seen in their on-board Duty Free Catalog, modelling makeup and jewelry by Korean companies. And indeed, she looks lovely in print media as well as broadcast.

  5. #1625
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Kim Yu-na makes Forbes` `best dressed athletes` list

    Great list.

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/12/07/bes..._slide_16.html
    Eh? Oh, no...

  6. #1626
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Eh? Oh, no...
    I know...Yuna doesn't look attractive in that photo.
    Try this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNDz87NX7k

  7. #1627
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatingAnalyst View Post
    I know...Yuna doesn't look attractive in that photo.
    Try this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNDz87NX7k
    Wow, she really is gorgeous!

  8. #1628
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Kim Yu-na makes Forbes` `best dressed athletes` list

    Great list.

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/12/07/bes..._slide_16.html
    Yes, indeed. Now Yuna is one of the greatest world renowned sport stars
    She is so stylish and beautiful not only in dress but in casual wear.

    Nice news clip in youtube: 'Yuna Kim - Forbes Best Dresser 20101210'

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvmvgbIG0sM

    Congratulations, Yuna!
    Last edited by csunny7; 12-17-2010 at 01:18 AM.

  9. #1629
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    64
    Yuna appears in "Hello to New Hero" section of Google's Zeitgeist (Spirit of Age) 2010

    http:///"http://www.google.com/intl/...#review\" (around 2:00)


    Yuna's Documentary , Hip Korea, won three awards from '15th Asian Television Awards 2010'

    http://www.asiantvawards.com/ata-2010-winner-list.asp

    * BEST EDITING : WINNER Hip Korea: Kim Yu Na
    * BEST INFOTAINMENT PROGRAMME : HIGHLY COMMENDED Hip Korea: Kim Yu Na
    * BEST CROSS-PLATFORM CONTENT : HIGHLY COMMENDED Hip Korea: Kim Yu Na

    Much More Congratulations, Queen Yuna!
    Last edited by csunny7; 12-17-2010 at 01:54 AM.

  10. #1630
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    Yuna's preparation for Worlds seems to be going well according to this.
    http://sports.media.daum.net/general...6&p=xportsnews
    ATS says that she is in good shape and doing two to three hour practices every day.

    This vid is aired recently but has nothing new.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6grc...layer_embedded
    The reporter talks about another Arirang program by Kim Hyunjung at 2009 4CC, saying that the program was well received back then.

    Ya, you can feel how Korean audience react to this folk music from 2:20 and this tiny skater's movements based on folk dance, especially from 3:20.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP4cOfM1YYw

  11. #1631
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    Yuna's preparation for Worlds seems to be going well according to this.
    http://sports.media.daum.net/general...6&p=xportsnews
    ATS says that she is in good shape and doing two to three hour practices every day.

    This vid is aired recently but has nothing new.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6grc...layer_embedded
    The reporter talks about another Arirang program by Kim Hyunjung at 2009 4CC, saying that the program was well received back then.

    Ya, you can feel how Korean audience react to this folk music from 2:20 and this tiny skater's movements based on folk dance, especially from 3:20.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP4cOfM1YYw
    Thanks for the links. I always welcome something authentic to be expressed by the skater to be more truthful and meaningful to who they are, usually that will add so much more to a performance. Yuna skating to Arirang while acknowledge her own background, country and paying respect, already touches the audience on more profound level compare to just another Rachmaninov, Chopin, or Tchaikovsky. .

    Hyeon-jung seems to be skating to the sound track of Tale of Two sisters (Korean film in 2003), not sure how real 'folk' it is, but it is very Korean, sound to me like a sad Korean waltz. I thought it was really brave of her to try something like this and it is nice to see the audience really appreciate something fresh and new. Actually, Hyon-Jung looks very familiar to me for some how, was she one of girls who appeared on Yuna's New Year special who threw a teddy bear with a letter at one of Yun'a competitions? I vaguely recall Yuna might have financially sponsored her skating career as well is that right?

  12. #1632
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Thanks for the links. I always welcome something authentic to be expressed by the skater to be more truthful and meaningful to who they are, usually that will add so much more to a performance. Yuna skating to Arirang while acknowledge her own background, country and paying respect, already touches the audience on more profound level compare to just another Rachmaninov, Chopin, or Tchaikovsky. .

    Hyeon-jung seems to be skating to the sound track of Tale of Two sisters (Korean film in 2003), not sure how real 'folk' it is, but it is very Korean, sound to me like a sad Korean waltz. I thought it was really brave of her to try something like this and it is nice to see the audience really appreciate something fresh and new. Actually, Hyon-Jung looks very familiar to me for some how, was she one of girls who appeared on Yuna's New Year special who threw a teddy bear with a letter at one of Yun'a competitions? I vaguely recall Yuna might have financially sponsored her skating career as well is that right?
    Yuna always wanted to have fellow skaters from Korea in competitons.
    Maybe she felt lonely...alone in the competition...one of the reasons she helped skaters in Korea.
    Hyeon-Jung was one of them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4f_E...eature=related

  13. #1633
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Hyeon-jung seems to be skating to the sound track of Tale of Two sisters (Korean film in 2003), not sure how real 'folk' it is, but it is very Korean, sound to me like a sad Korean waltz. I thought it was really brave of her to try something like this and it is nice to see the audience really appreciate something fresh and new.
    The former part is the sound track of TAle of Two Sisters and the latter is from Arirang Rhapsody.(composed by Lee Jisoo, with the motif of Milyang Arirang, a version of many kind of Arirangs)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrT-am3rek4 : I guess Lee is the pianist with Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.
    Someone made this with the same music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc6pmCTqLxw&feature=fvw

    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Actually, Hyon-Jung looks very familiar to me for some how, was she one of girls who appeared on Yuna's New Year special who threw a teddy bear with a letter at one of Yun'a competitions? I vaguely recall Yuna might have financially sponsored her skating career as well is that right?
    Really? I didn't know the teddy bear thing but Yuna gave Hyunjung(Hyeon-Jung), who is 3 years younger than Yuna, 10 million Won as grants in 2007.

    Thank you for the link, SkatingAnalyst! This Lark was almost clean.

  14. #1634
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    The former part is the sound track of TAle of Two Sisters and the latter is from Arirang Rhapsody.(composed by Lee Jisoo, with the motif of Milyang Arirang, a version of many kind of Arirangs)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrT-am3rek4 : I guess Lee is the pianist with Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.
    Someone made this with the same music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc6pmCTqLxw&feature=fvw


    Really? I didn't know the teddy bear thing but Yuna gave Hyunjung(Hyeon-Jung), who is 3 years younger than Yuna, 10 million Won as grants in 2007.

    Thank you for the link, SkatingAnalyst! This Lark was almost clean.
    Is this HyunJung?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtqP0fJ8cuA

    Thanks for letting me know about the Arirang by Lee Jisoo, i like it! It not what i expect from a traditional arirang at all, it is rather avant garde.
    Last edited by os168; 12-18-2010 at 05:51 AM.

  15. #1635
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Thanks for the links. I always welcome something authentic to be expressed by the skater to be more truthful and meaningful to who they are, usually that will add so much more to a performance. Yuna skating to Arirang while acknowledge her own background, country and paying respect, already touches the audience on more profound level compare to just another Rachmaninov, Chopin, or Tchaikovsky. .

    Hyeon-jung seems to be skating to the sound track of Tale of Two sisters (Korean film in 2003), not sure how real 'folk' it is, but it is very Korean, sound to me like a sad Korean waltz. I thought it was really brave of her to try something like this and it is nice to see the audience really appreciate something fresh and new. Actually, Hyon-Jung looks very familiar to me for some how, was she one of girls who appeared on Yuna's New Year special who threw a teddy bear with a letter at one of Yun'a competitions? I vaguely recall Yuna might have financially sponsored her skating career as well is that right?
    Right.

Page 109 of 192 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •