Page 11 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

God bless her for all the good things she has done to figure skating and to mankind!

Rinkside

Article by Yeon-hap Korean News

Investigator (it's translator's ID) from FSU translated the article, and I corrected it a bit.

Title: "Figure Queen" Yu-Na Kim donated ₩ 100,000,000 to help Haiti.

Korean Committee of UNICEF announced on 19th that "Figure Queen" Yu-Na Kim (20, Korea University) donated ₩ 100,000,000 to Haiti as Emergency Relief Fund.

Kim said, "I felt heartbroken as I watched the scenes of many children suffering in Haiti. I hope that this (her donation) will help them," according to the announcement by Korean Committee of UNICEF.

The official of Korean UNICEF Committee said, "With this donation by Yu-Na Kim, we hope it would serve as a good opportunity to encourage those who didn't participate in donation yet to be more interested in Haiti.”

Korean UNICEF Committee announced that they started the fund-raising activities for Haiti from January 13th, and they delivered 0.5 million dollars to Haiti as the primary donation, and almost 30,000 Koreans participated in donation to ₩ 750,000,000, including primary donation until the afternoon of January 19th.

I love it when skaters do wonderful things off the ice.
    Kudos to Yuna and all others helping those in need in Haiti.

This act of generosity just blows me away. Thanks to Ice&Glass and to Investigator for the translation.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    What a very generous thing to do! Good for Yu-Na... and all of the other people of means around the world that are making private contributions to the better good of people in this world.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inside edge View Post
    I hope you love her because you feel she is setting an example you believe is worth following, and not so you can brag on her behalf...

Custom Title
    That's very generous of Yu-Na; it's wonderful she's setting such a good example for all.

Tripping on the Podium
    Kim Yu-Na favoured for gold at Vancouver Games

TORONTO - Kim Yu-Na strides into a Toronto rink, remarkable in her solitude.

To folks outside of figure skating circles, the only clue to her identity is the word "Korea" spelled out in gold block letters across the back of her black track suit........

On the Ice
    A new book on Yuna was published. From what I gather Yuna herself written it.

http://www.hanbooks.com/kimyusedr.html

Quote Originally Posted by flesymtuobayzarc View Post
    A new book on Yuna was published. From what I gather Yuna herself written it.

http://www.hanbooks.com/kimyusedr.html
    Wish I could read Korean. Those who do, let us know how the book is!
    Man...is there anything this girl doesn't do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Wish I could read Korean. Those who do, let us know how the book is!
    Man...is there anything this girl doesn't do?
    I've never heard anything about her culinary skills.. just that she likes to eat.

Custom Title
    This is her first book Now our Yuna can be called a writer
    I've read some excerpts from it translated with Google and it looks very interesting. Basically it's a collection of stories from her life about figure skating.

I hope that some good translations of some parts of it will be available soon and, maybe, an English version will be published too...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I've never heard anything about her culinary skills.. just that she likes to eat.
    Koreans are obsessed with eating. When I was there a few years ago, it seemed that all I did was go out to eat. Love the food, though.
    I follow the k-pop scene somewhat and in all the interviews all the pop stars, especially the girls, talk about how much they love to eat. I think there it comes from the fact that they aren't able to actually eat that often.

Tripping on the Podium
    Yuna is a good role model not only for young skaters but all youngsters.
    Apart from her excellent skating, I love her wonderful personality and work ethic.
    I'd love to read her book translated in English ASAP
    Last edited by csunny7; 02-01-2010 at 06:39 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by adoreyuna View Post
    Kim Yu-Na favoured for gold at Vancouver Games

TORONTO - Kim Yu-Na strides into a Toronto rink, remarkable in her solitude.

To folks outside of figure skating circles, the only clue to her identity is the word "Korea" spelled out in gold block letters across the back of her black track suit........
    Thanks for the post.

My fovorite part is "Yu-Na just went into a class by herself, not just technically, but her passion for music and for skating, it's genuine," Orser says. "When the music comes on, she really draws you in. You can see that she's really loving the movement, loving being beautiful and moving beautifully, and it's genuine." ""She's a skater's skater, all the people in the skating world now just go 'Wow!"'
    " It's genuine" ---- Yes, it is !
    Last edited by dorothea; 02-01-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Page 11 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast