Page 115 of 192 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2876

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Can't wait to see Yuna on the ice again!

Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    http://www.universalsports.com/news/...y+spring+tokyo

Universal Sports interview posted today.

She says she has been feeling ready for worlds since December.
    Thanks for the link! I am looking forward to the Worlds more than ever... D-36 days now!!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    She says she won't debut a new technical element at Worlds, and her technical content will be identical to what we saw at the Olympics. So I'm guessing there won't be a 3loop? I wonder what her FS jump layout will be with the new rules in effect (only 2 double axels counted in the FS). At the Olympics, she did 3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2axel/2toe/2loop, 2axel/3toe, 3salchow*, 3lutz* and 2axel* (* being elements done after the halfway mark with the 10% bonus. The 2axel/3toe is supposed to be after the halfway mark, but for whatever reason it wasn't counted as such at the Olympics).

Keeping things as close as possible:
    3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2lutz/2toe/2loop, 2axel/3toe*, 3salchow*, 3lutz*, 2axel* That change costs her 1.2 points compared to last season's layout, sort of (there's no direct comparison to last season since the 2axel has been decreased in value while the 2lutz has been increased).

Diluting the difficulty of the combos:
    3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2axel/2toe/2loop, 2axel/2toe*, 3salchow*, 3lutz*, 3toe* That costs her 2.5 points compared to last season's layout.

Repeat 3flip instead of 3toe, which may not be doable as Yu Na's 3flip hasn't been that reliable last season, and she may not want to risk putting 2 in the FS:
    3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2axel/2toe/2loop, 2axel*, 3salchow*, 3lutz*, 3flip/2toe* This would gain her 2.2 points compared to last season's layout.

In fact, has she ever done an FS with two 3flips and two 3lutzes? I don't think she has. So the last one seems unlikely. I'm almost certain that she'd want to keep her 3lutz/3toe and 2axel/3toe. Which means layout 1's mix of jumps is the most likely. Anybody else want to hazard a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    She says she won't debut a new technical element at Worlds, and her technical content will be identical to what we saw at the Olympics. So I'm guessing there won't be a 3loop? I wonder what her FS jump layout will be with the new rules in effect (only 2 double axels counted in the FS). At the Olympics, she did 3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2axel/2toe/2loop, 2axel/3toe, 3salchow*, 3lutz* and 2axel* (* being elements done after the halfway mark with the 10% bonus. The 2axel/3toe is supposed to be after the halfway mark, but for whatever reason it wasn't counted as such at the Olympics).

Keeping things as close as possible:
    3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2lutz/2toe/2loop, 2axel/3toe*, 3salchow*, 3lutz*, 2axel* That change costs her 1.2 points compared to last season's layout, sort of (there's no direct comparison to last season since the 2axel has been decreased in value while the 2lutz has been increased).

Diluting the difficulty of the combos:
    3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2axel/2toe/2loop, 2axel/2toe*, 3salchow*, 3lutz*, 3toe* That costs her 2.5 points compared to last season's layout.

Repeat 3flip instead of 3toe, which may not be doable as Yu Na's 3flip hasn't been that reliable last season, and she may not want to risk putting 2 in the FS:
    3lutz/3toe, 3flip, 2axel/2toe/2loop, 2axel*, 3salchow*, 3lutz*, 3flip/2toe* This would gain her 2.2 points compared to last season's layout.

In fact, has she ever done an FS with two 3flips and two 3lutzes? I don't think she has. So the last one seems unlikely. I'm almost certain that she'd want to keep her 3lutz/3toe and 2axel/3toe. Which means layout 1's mix of jumps is the most likely. Anybody else want to hazard a guess?
    According to the other forum, someone saw her LP, and she was doing 3Lz-3T, 2A-3T, and 3S-2T(2L?). Maybe another 3 lutz, 3 flip, 3S.
    Last edited by cooper; 02-12-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Custom Title
    Maybe she does 3lz and 3s twice? So her layout could be:
    3lz-3t, 3f, 3s-2t-2lo, 2a-2t*, 3lz*, 3s*, 2a*

If she does 2 combos in the bonus that could make up for the loss of points she'd have otherwise due to the new rules. Also, I feel like Yuna has not done a solo 3t in a very long time, she always does it in combination with 3f, 3lz, 2a. I've actually heard she has trouble with the solo 3t. It seemed like she was doing 3s a lot in her ex programs last spring, and it was starting to look better, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did two of them in her FS.

Wonderful story about Yuna's t-shirt..

http://www.palcampaign.com/2011/02/0...ith-kim-yu-na/

Yuna is known for this. I still remember she used a bag designed by her fans on her trip to Canada.
    Last edited by cooper; 02-12-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Maybe she does 3lz and 3s twice? So her layout could be:
    3lz-3t, 3f, 3s-2t-2lo, 2a-2t*, 3lz*, 3s*, 2a*

If she does 2 combos in the bonus that could make up for the loss of points she'd have otherwise due to the new rules. Also, I feel like Yuna has not done a solo 3t in a very long time, she always does it in combination with 3f, 3lz, 2a. I've actually heard she has trouble with the solo 3t. It seemed like she was doing 3s a lot in her ex programs last spring, and it was starting to look better, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did two of them in her FS.
    I don't think she's ever done a solo 3T in competition since her novice years, so a solo 3T would be too risky. (She'd probably have better luck with a solo 3L, which she was at least practicing right up to the Olympics.)

I think the best strategy would be to bring at least one of the combos into the second half, preferably two. So...

3Lz+3T
    2A
    3F
    -----
    2A+2T+2L
    3S+2T
    3Lz
    3S

This maximizes her points. Unfortunately, she gives up her wonderful 2A+3T combo. It's hard to say how she could keep it. Maybe

3Lz+3T
    2A
    3F
    -----
    2A+3T
    2Lz+2T+2L
    3Lz
    3S

This second layout gives her the bigger advantage, I think, in terms of bonus points.

Custom Title
    Practically without jumps but beautiful:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLlI9...eature=related

It shows how much she's advanced from the early prime years in terms of polish, line, and back flexibility: look, for instance at that Ina Bauer. And her footwork section is so beautiful and expressive of the music. I can't wait to see what she does with "Arirang"!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Practically without jumps but beautiful:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLlI9...eature=related

It shows how much she's advanced from the early prime years in terms of polish, line, and back flexibility: look, for instance at that Ina Bauer. And her footwork section is so beautiful and expressive of the music. I can't wait to see what she does with "Arirang"!
    Thank you, Olympia...Very nice video...she is a ROYAL PRINCESS in that performance !

She was a CINDERRELLA when...performed this at the age of 16.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sa3x_y-MSQ

I don't think we'll find another Yu-Na.

I want to see Yuna's 3Lo again!

2 3Lo at 2009 Four Continents 'practice'...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM62CMStq1A

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post
    I want to see Yuna's 3Lo again!

2 3Lo at 2009 Four Continents 'practice'...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM62CMStq1A
    she raises her right arm up very high on those takeoffs, which makes me think she was trying the muscle the jumps with her upper body, much like Caroline Zhang does. Only Yu-na obviously has the height and speed needed to land those jumps without that...maybe she was trying not to put pressure on her hip?

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatingAnalyst View Post

I don't think we'll find another Yu-Na.
    And that's not the case for everybody else?

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar

Lightbulb

A 5-year old kid in the park playground was especially proud of his sandcastle. "Mommy! Look!" His mother laughs and smiling, says "You're my special little boy."

A girl named Gughork, wearing a shirt with Stephane Lambiel on it, walks by and overhears this conversation. She decides to pop in and ask, "Isn't everybody special?"

----------------

Gughork continues walking in the park when she passes by two lovers sitting on a bench. Admiringly, one of them whispers to the other, "There is no one quite like you." Puzzled, Gughork inquires out loud, "No one is quite like anybody else, isn't that much true?"

-----------------

In conclusion, Gughork has a pickle up her butt and needs to find a better hobby.

The end.

Custom Title
    I dont think she tries 2 3S in her FS. isnt she good at 3S is she?

Page 115 of 192 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 165 ... LastLast