Page 126 of 206 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3086

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Tripping on the Podium
    The Russians seem really intent on emphasizing the Queen's attendance. Perhaps it will affect ticket sales?
    Yuna's practice clips look extremely promising. I can't wait for the Worlds to begin!

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    It's a very nice background ... but I don't get it.

Well, at least now we get to see the detailing on her dress better. :P
    lol, I agree with you. I like it of course but for an event website, it's a little unfair to the other skaters, too. Maybe they were told to throw the website together quickly, so they found a fast and easy solution , but I personally wish it was something egalitarian.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    lol, I agree with you. I like it of course but for an event website, it's a little unfair to the other skaters, too. Maybe they were told to throw the website together quickly, so they found a fast and easy solution , but I personally wish it was something egalitarian.
    In the manual for selling tickets quickly, the editor will always strike out "egalitarian" and insert "expediency".

Custom Title
    Well, considering that these folks are leaping in to save the day at the last moment, they can be excused for using rough-and-ready methods. If they want to use YuNa's name and reputation, and it helps, more power to them. It's not as if using her as their "magnet" will get her any more points with the judges. I'm actually thrilled to see that they're making such a fuss over YuNa, because it will keep her motivated as well. She has so many other commitments that many of us feared she might skip Worlds because of the postponement. This way, we know she's serious about sticking around, and the organizers get the benefit of her association with the event. I don't see a downside.

It also occurs to me that the Japanese skaters, who might (because of the old Japan/Korea rivalry) be displeased by emphasis on YuNa, will be such stars at the event just by showing up that they're not going to mind any extra notice going to YuNa. People will be falling all over the Japanese for so many reasons: they're safe, they're able to be there, they're the current World Champions, they'll probably be accompanied by a host of fans. Don't worry. They'll have plenty of face time. And so, of course, will the Europeans such as Korpi. Things will work out well in all directions, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Olympia; 04-02-2011 at 03:55 PM.

c/o of spiccoli

Q&A w/ Yuna from Dong-A Ilbo Newspaper

Q: Me and my field 10 years later:

Q: My Role model:

Q: The things I’ve learned, the things I wish to learn

A: I’ve always been taught that the basics were important. Jumps are an important element of figure skating. In order to execute passionate choreography while doing beautiful jumps, it is very important that you have good basics. Although it’s been 12 years since I’ve started skating, I always do my on-ice training in the same order and method. If you underestimate the importance of practicing the basics because it’s too easy or because you’re just sick and tired of them, your beautiful jumps will disappear and you’ll be left with a mess. I think the easiest, yet at the same time most difficult, thing is adhering to the fundamentals.

Q: Defining moment in my life

A: During the last 12 years as an athlete I suffered from endless injuries. Falling on the ice thousands of times, and ankles becoming crooked because of the hard boots gradually lead to injuries. There were serious injuries that could have stopped me from skating but at each crucial moment there was something that helped me battle through it – My strong will to achieve my dreams, and my love for figure skating. Everyone has their own goal or dream. But there aren’t that many people who have that strong will and endless perseverance to make that dream come true. I think that the only way you can make your dreams become reality is to have determination, faith, tenacity, and to work hard.

Q: The rock that holds you steady during times of despair

Q: Things that I’ll never do

If there is one thing that I wish from myself is to always be “humble”. During the 12 years as an athlete, I’ve lead a pretty successful life as a figure skater. My goal is to never forget to be humble so that I will not lose all the things I’ve achieved after all that hard work for a mistake made in a split of a second. I will strive to never become a person who is always greedy to have more than what they already have.

http://www.donga.com/news/100people/2011/
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-03-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That's a lovely interview! I'm so glad I went to the link and read all of it.

^Sorry about the long article Doris. The original article is in Korean. But I will post the link of the whole article in translation from feverskating.

here is the article

http://www.feverskating.com/fevers/50910903

It has been officially announced that Yuna's new gala program will be Beyonce's "Fever", choreographed by David Wilson!

Medalist
    Great choice as always...looking forward to it.

Yu-Na KIM’s 2010~2011 SP Giselle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iDOizyAW9hE

Custom Title
    Finished a New Book: Yuna Kim: Ice Queen by Christine Dzidrums, Children's Author

http://christinedzidrums.com/?p=144

It seems like that children who like figure skating will be able to read 'Joannie Rochette: Canadian Ice Princess' soon and the Yuna bio this summer!

I had such fun researching/writing this book. And by the end I’d become quite the uber Yuna Kim fan. What an amazing athlete. What an amazing person.
    Funny to see Ms. Dzidrums mention 'uber.'

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Very nice imagining of Yuna's upcoming SP! Of course, we all can't wait to see the REAL THING at the WC later this month! Good luck to Yuna and to all the competitors.

c/o spiccoli

Yuna Kim for Pyeongchang 2018 presentation in London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z5qV...&feature=share

Her accent is cute.... Hehe!

News on yuna's lp music/ translation c/o of realdeal from yuna's english forum

- 'Homage to Korea' is a new form of music that fuses Western and Korean music

- Seo Hee-Tae, one of the arrangers and the director of Millenium Symphony Orchestra, commented that Kim's 'Homage to Korea' was a part of project called "Daul"by musicians who wanted to globalize Korean music by arrangements of traditional tunes like Arirang. "It's an arrangement of Arirang," he said, "but it will sound different because we arranged the music in such way--thought the careful amalgamation of Korean and Western music-- that it feels like new Arirang that can reach international audience."

-Seo and other musicians participated in the project arranged the music. Kim and ATS apparently came across the music by chance and inquired them for permission to use it. Seo is acquainted to Kim through conducting a music for her ice show back in 2009

-He added that he will showcase a number of Korean music produced from the project through performances.

-ATS person Mr. Ku admitted that they agreed with Mr. Seo to use Arirang produced from the Daul Project. Kim will reveal a part of music on the 24th and the full music will be on during full time practice.
    yuna will depart tomorrow from korea to moscow...

Page 126 of 206 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 176 ... LastLast