Page 14 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Well in all honesty this is not THAT bad timing to get a cold. Hope she gets well soon though.
    She still has to defend her world title, so I don't think it's that great to get a cold either.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Yuna caught a cold. I heard her phone interview (taped after she went to Toronto to train for the World) and she sounded very very tired and sick.

:-(
    Yeah I heard that interview too :( she sounded really bad

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    Yeah I heard that interview too :( she sounded really bad
    Poor Yuna . Isn't mini-Yuna staying with her in Toronto right now? Hope she doesn't get sick too! Anyway I think Brian Orser is at Junior Worlds with Christina now so actually the timing is not too bad, if Yuna was well she'd probably be training by herself. At least she got sick AFTER the Olympics and not during!

On the Ice
    I hope she is better now.

I hear that one of many things Yu-Na excels at is her ice coverage,
    but I don't really know what ice coverage means.
    Does that mean she is skating more than other skaters?
    I know this is not related to Yu-Na news, but I'd appreciate if someone helped me out with this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by joy k.k View Post

I know this is not related to Yu-Na news, but I'd appreciate if someone helped me out with this.
    In general, that term is used to refer to a skater using more than a small section of the ice when they compete. Good ice coverage means that they use all or most of the ice space that the rink offers. The ideal has been for a skater to "cover the ice" well, i.e., use most of it when they skate, and to do so with good speed and without an excess of caution, i.e., to appear free and effortless as much as possible, and to skate in what one might call a large way, resulting in a skate that is big, bold, and beautiful.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    In general, that term is used to refer to a skater using more than a small section of the ice when they compete. Good ice coverage means that they use all or most of the ice space that the rink offers. The ideal has been for a skater to "cover the ice" well, i.e., use most of it when they skate, and to do so with good speed and without an excess of caution, i.e., to appear free and effortless as much as possible, and to skate in what one might call a large way, resulting in a skate that is big, bold, and beautiful.
    Thank you so much for your detailed explanation!!

Custom Title
    Is Min-Jung Kwak still in Toronto with Yuna? I heard she went back with Yuna after the Olympics to train for Worlds but I don't know if she is back in Korea now or still in Canada.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Is Min-Jung Kwak still in Toronto with Yuna? I heard she went back with Yuna after the Olympics to train for Worlds but I don't know if she is back in Korea now or still in Canada.
    Yes, she is still in Toronto training with Yuna. She might be coached by Brian Orser as well.

As far as I know, she's in Toronto.

MJK doesn't have a coach right now, and I read a rumor that she may be asking Orser to be her coach, but who knows...?

Mashimaro on Ice
    Geez guys, the competition is at the end of the month. I don't think it takes that long to get over a cold. Nothing to be concerned about.

Custom Title
    As far as I know, she's in Toronto.

MJK doesn't have a coach right now, and I read a rumor that she may be asking Orser to be her coach, but who knows...?
    Oh that would be wonderful. Orser could turn her into a star I have no doubt! She has a great 3lz and her flexibility and body lines are gorgeous. She's improved so much this year too, def has a lot of potential

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Geez guys, the competition is at the end of the month. I don't think it takes that long to get over a cold. Nothing to be concerned about.
    I'm not worried that she may still have the cold, but that she may not be able to prepare properly for the competition.

Oh that would be wonderful. Orser could turn her into a star I have no doubt! She has a great 3lz and her flexibility and body lines are gorgeous. She's improved so much this year too, def has a lot of potential
    Maybe. I find her quite lovable, but I'm not making up my mind about her ability until I see how she does at the Worlds. Though she has some nice jumps, she's nowhere near Yuna and Mao at that age, and I feel like she may just end up disappointing me just like so many other young skaters who broke my heart.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by joy k.k View Post

You may be able to get some idea from the icemarks.

Yu-Na's LP Scheherazade:
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6710/yunat.png

Mao's LP Masquerade:
    http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5976/icemarkmao.jpg

Custom Title
    Maybe. I find her quite lovable, but I'm not making up my mind about her ability until I see how she does at the Worlds. Though she has some nice jumps, she's nowhere near Yuna and Mao at that age, and I feel like she may just end up disappointing me just like so many other young skaters who broke my heart.
    You could be right, but I think a good coach can make all the difference if a skater has some natural talent, which Kwak clearly does. I mean, she is a year younger than Mirai, and last season Mirai's international scores were much lower than what Kwak has gotten at her last two competitions, even this season both Mirai's grand prix LP scores were lower than what Kwak got for her LP at 4CC and the Olympics. Plus sometimes being so good at a young age backfires, as we've seen with Caroline and a lot of other girls. Most skaters have to rework their jumps after they have a growthspurt, but where Kwak is 16 she probably won't get much taller (hopefully she'll fill out a bit though). She can jump, she can spin, and she's flexible - the things she needs to work on - speed, edging, footwork, stroking, etc - are things that can be developed with a good coach. I don't know if she will ever be fantastic, but I think with the right packaging she could be quite good .

Page 14 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast