Yuna Kim | Page 148 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

ahy

Final Flight
^it's so amazing cuz Yuna is only 23 while many others are above 50.
Yuna has been accepted to Korea University graduate school.
Congratulations Yuna!
Also, YuNa was chosen as one of the 702 good tax payers who are all make huge money but reported their income honestly.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm unsure how to find it in this very long thread, but can someone tell me who was the artist who performed the version of "Adios Nonino" used in Kim's FS this last season? I'm trying to find the one that matches. Please and thank you!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm unsure how to find it in this very long thread, but can someone tell me who was the artist who performed the version of "Adios Nonino" used in Kim's FS this last season? I'm trying to find the one that matches. Please and thank you!

I hear the exact same version at my rink almost daily. When I see the skater who skates to it I'll ask. Of course it will likely already be answered here. :laugh:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I hear the exact same version at my rink almost daily. When I see the skater who skates to it I'll ask. Of course it will likely already be answered here. :laugh:

Awesome, thank you Sam-Skwantch! :)
I have the more traditional tango version but I can't quite find the *right* piano interpretation.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I texted a girl and she texted another and this was the what she said she skates to.

http://youtu.be/Q6trtGPUofY

Edit....that isn't the version I hear at the rink or the one Yuna uses so... :bang:

I'll try to figure it out. I'll see her tomorrow hopefully.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Alba. It really is a beautiful interpretation. Unfortunately it's become another rink song that I hear Waaaay too often but as with all the Carmen's I hear and now Harry Potters I've grown used to shutting them out. Something about that accordion though. I can never really get mad about it. :)

Jewels

On the Ice
Just saw the news that Yuna's attending the class for the coaching/judging certificate. I guess she's interested in those too :)

jimeonji

Final Flight
Just saw the news that Yuna's attending the class for the coaching/judging certificate. I guess she's interested in those too :)
I notice that the articles use the word 지도자, which, when I put it in Google Translate and Naver dictionary, give me the definition "leader" or "guide." Can this be a substitute for the word for coach, which I know is 코치? Or does 지도자 mean like a leadership position in KSU?
actually, I just read through/translated the second paragraph of this OSEN article and it says that rather than immediately becoming a leader (지도자), she is attending this class as part of her planning for the second part of her life, as she does not want to leave figure skating.

In any case, I read through one of the articles and the training includes: theoretical, antidoping, sports ethics, and sports medicine classes.

please correct me if any of my translations are incorrect lol. My Korean is largely self taught.

Last edited:

chloec

Rinkside
I notice that the articles use the word 지도자, which, when I put it in Google Translate and Naver dictionary, give me the definition "leader" or "guide." Can this be a substitute for the word for coach, which I know is 코치? Or does 지도자 mean like a leadership position in KSU?
actually, I just read through/translated the second paragraph of this OSEN article and it says that rather than immediately becoming a leader (지도자), she is attending this class as part of her planning for the second part of her life, as she does not want to leave figure skating.

In any case, I read through one of the articles and the training includes: theoretical, antidoping, sports ethics, and sports medicine classes.

please correct me if any of my translations are incorrect lol. My Korean is largely self taught.

The class was for people who want to be a coach but All That Skate announced that Kim just wanted to be in that class to help out younger skaters not for the official coach. She already showed up at rink to toss some tips and showed them how to jump by herself. and...she never said she wanted to leave figure skating btw. She said she won't be able to leave figure skating because that's the only thing she is good at and love about.

jimeonji

Final Flight
The class was for people who want to be a coach but All That Skate announced that Kim just wanted to be in that class to help out younger skaters not for the official coach. She already showed up at rink to toss some tips and showed them how to jump by herself. and...she never said she wanted to leave figure skating btw. She said she won't be able to leave figure skating because that's the only thing she is good at and love about.

thanks for the info. I was only confused about the usage of the word 지도자.

cooper

Medalist
i wish yuna will be the new head of KSU's figure skating.. KSU's officials are not going to do anything to help those young skaters of korea..

and maybe she will be a coach someday..

or maybe a figure skating judge.. :popcorn:

chloec

Rinkside
i wish yuna will be the new head of KSU's figure skating.. KSU's officials are not going to do anything to help those young skaters of korea..

and maybe she will be a coach someday..

or maybe a figure skating judge.. :popcorn:

that's what figures skating fans in Korea want, or it could be a IOC member as little Kim said long time ago.
KSU really needs to be separated from short track (and speed) cause KSU only cares about them.